AMLogic Tablets, 7033, 7035, 7065, 7060, and So On: Repair Tablet from SD Card

mcclain_ts

Aug 29, 2013
" # CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_DEFAULT_GOV_LAZY is not set " (smilz) Okay, I know my minds cooked already for today, and probably tomorrow too.(smilz) By the way, what flavor ARE you guys running there?
I tried pretty much every which way to get the stock recovery to accept the files after changing to " update.zip " but she kept throwing the signing failure messages. I guess we'll have to approach it from a different direction. I really need to dust off that laptop and load (any) distro I can get my hands on. Then I can have a proper building environment. Can't do much under Windows. Well you can, but you're limited, and it's SLOWWW. Can't understand why those keys aren't working either. They should.
Well, have a great night!

tpaine

Aug 18, 2012
By the way, what flavor ARE you guys running there?

I'm a relative noob in linux experience (but not time- I setup a slackware system on my 386 laptop with 4mb ram many years...that is a while ago.), but my new system (cor2duo, my huge 50gb partition, 4gb ram) is release 12.04 LTS ubuntu-64. It is supposed to be superior to 32 bit for development. I'm finding it much more difficult to setup and configure that the 32 bit version I was running.

mcclain_ts

Aug 29, 2013
CoreII-duo/64bit, sounds like a very nice one! Once you do get her set up completely, she WILL scream! I'm REALLY trying hard to locate that digitizer. I get it, and get that one up again, I will upload a dump. Hope dumping that's easier than this 7033!
Have good one!
Be safe!

Todd

tpaine

Aug 18, 2012
Last edited:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Okay, I'm at the Stock recovery. That's a good place to start, now we'll try to unzip... the "fake".(smilz)

Darn!

Wiped data/factory reset, apply update from external storage...

--Install /sdcard ...
Finding update package...
Opening...
Verifying...

E:failed to verify whole-file signature
E:signature verification failed
Installation aborted.

(sighs) Well, now I feel like...(sighs) I know you been bustin' your hump on this one!(sighs)

One dumb Q:... do I need to rename the fake to " update.zip ", as per the usual?

it wont flash through stock recovery, that's why I had to modify your recovery. It will flash through the modified recovery.

mcclain_ts

Aug 29, 2013
it wont flash through stock recovery, that's why I had to modify your recovery. It will flash through the modified recovery.

Another reason why it wasn't working was because I was trying to test it on the unit that's caught in a bootloop. Can't get fastboot to work, and ADB and PdaNet sees the device, but says it's offline. Have to somehow get that fake CWM flash to go on that one. I want to read the forum postings you pointed out - Christian Troy's method. You have a KEEN eye for ALL these things, I don't know how you do it. Well, I went over the wall last night, or through it.(that point where you're SO tired, but get a wild hair to keep going)
Finally got the Dell laptop put back together. Had to pull out a fubarred PCMCIA card carriage/straighten out the 42 brass pins which were bent)
Later today, I'll "get some Linux in her".LOL Gonna be nice to at least have the right workbench to go off of. And Tpaine, I'm a "noob" too.(smilz) Well okay, maybe not completely. But I DEFINITELY have A LOT more to learn!!! I'm patient, I guess that helps.
---------------------------------------------------------
I really like the thought of being able to set up a SD card to run Android off of. I REALLY think with this type method, almost ALL Android devices can overcome many brick situations. Except hardware failures. I'll check this other forum postings out, but I think I really need to take a nap at least. 43 hours without sleep, I can't concentrate very well any more. Wish I could.
Vampire, I'll give those files you created a go on the good unit a little later today. I know they'll work on that unit
------------------------------------------------
Hope you guys are having a great day!

tpaine

Aug 18, 2012
Very promising. Just read it quickly, have to go out for a while. The advantage to CT's method produces a partition which can then be duplicated without manually loading. Again, promising. This Idea was in the air, seem lots have been thinking alike !

BTW, bludot just posted a 8065 boot.img. Looks good, went thru your extract script completely, thats progress. Its posted on my request thread.

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...oot-img-help-custom-firmware-development.html

Last edited:

tpaine

Aug 18, 2012
I really like the thought of being able to set up a SD card to run Android off of. I REALLY think with this type method, almost ALL Android devices can overcome many brick situations.

Great to run on ext-sd ! Like having a hard drive caddy- plug in the os of you choice !

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Very promising. Just read it quickly, have to go out for a while. The advantage to CT's method produces a partition which can then be duplicated without manually loading. Again, promising. This Idea was in the air, seem lots have been thinking alike !

BTW, bludot just posted a 8065 boot.img. Looks good, went thru your extract script completely, thats progress. Its posted on my request thread.

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/coby-generation-4/62743-8065-users-require-stock-boot-img-help-custom-firmware-development.html

Ok that is good news, will test when I can, this kind of confirms the 7065 recovery damaged yours as the scripts can't unpack your boot.img
I was worried Coby had used some unknown packing method that might make it impossible to unpack.
But according to your post that isn't so, that by itself is good news we now need a recovery.img.
The boot.img is the most important thing for running from sdcard though.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Tablet

Last edited:

bludot

Nov 10, 2013
I noticed that the location to dump the recovery is actually in mtd/mtd# this might help tpaine dump recovery

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
@tpaine can you confirm this is a 8065 boot.img and not a 7065?
Use scripts open both and compare.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Tablet

bludot

Nov 10, 2013
I can confirm my self just by the default.prop already(they are different). I got this boot.image before I flashed 7065 rom and before i flashed the 7065 root and before I flashed the 7065 boot/recovery. I also checked init.rc they are also different. I believe that this is a valid boot.img. FYI I do know what all these lines mean so im not totally blindly following you. What I did was stupid though i know.

bludot

Nov 10, 2013
If there are errors while the tablet boots, are there logs? if there are, where are they?