AMLogic Tablets, 7033, 7035, 7065, 7060, and So On: Repair Tablet from SD Card

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I can confirm my self just by the default.prop already(they are different). I got this boot.image before I flashed 7065 rom and before i flashed the 7065 root and before I flashed the 7065 boot/recovery. I also checked init.rc they are also different. I believe that this is a valid boot.img. FYI I do know what all these lines mean so im not totally blindly following you. What I did was stupid though i know.

I don't consider you stupid, thanks for confirming the boot.img is 8065. I can't do anything on a cell phone so needed some one to confirm the boot.img was from a 8065.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Tablet

Last edited:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I don't consider you stupid, thanks for confirming the boot.img.

I can't do anything on a cell phone so needed some one to confirm the boot.img was from a 8065.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
If there are errors while the tablet boots, are there logs? if there are, where are they?

You would need to run logcat while tablet boots to see the errors, but your usb port is broke so you can't do that.

bludot

Nov 10, 2013
Aw shucks :/ could I make a script to save to a file? Or does init.d run after boot? I've been thinking. Maybe some symlinks are wrong? Or the boot.img is not being able to find a certain file because the partitions are different?

P.s. sorry for accussing you.

bludot

Nov 10, 2013
So... I got logs :D Since I am using the 7065 recovery I decided to just use the twrp recovery. cant ruin my tablet more can I? anyways, I'm lazy so i posted pics $DSC_0059.JPG$DSC_0057.JPG

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
@ bludot
This thread is about sdcard booting, those pics have nothing to due with sdcard booting. Here we are only focusing on sdcard booting, anything beside sdcard booting just cloggs up the thread and is hard for others to follow.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Ok I have a 8065 test recovery for testing, I have added a recovery that allows fake recovery to be flashed, or any zip signed by google keys. This is a modified 7065 stock recovery, using 8065 kernel, from bludot boot.img, so no kernel conflict as the kernel is from a 8065.

to use extract to sdcard rename to uImage_recovery and use sdcard boot method.
8065_uImage_recovery

bludot

Nov 10, 2013
Great!!!!!. thats the stock recovery image :p

Im able to boot into that recovery.

now I just need to figure out how to restore the main rom. The recovery still has an error with data (which it always did anyways.) heres the log it gives:

E:Bad bootloader arguments
"(null)"
E:unknown volume for path [/udisk/factory_update_param.aml]
E:can't mount /udisk/factory_update_param.aml

when i factory restore:

E:cannot UBI create volume userdata at /dev/ubi0 -22 18446744071780417536

when i wipe media partition:

E:format_volume: mkfs.vfat failed on /dev/block/avnft18p1 (1)

I always had these errors anyways

thanks @vapirefo

Last edited:

tpaine

Aug 18, 2012
Great!!!!!. thats the stock recovery image :p

Im able to boot into that recovery.

E:Bad bootloader arguments
"(null)"

Great work. Sounds like you are ready to test the specially prepared sdcard with bootloader.

Go to the link on the first post, Just use my bootloader.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
thanks @vapirefo

These two errors are normal, the others errors aren't.

we need tpaine to test the recovery and posts his errors, if they are the same as your, then recovery problem if he just reports the same two errors I said are normal, then your tablet is damaged.

PS did you go ahead and try the fake recovery? it should work with this recovery.

tpaine

Aug 18, 2012
These two errors are normal, the others errors aren't.

we need tpaine to test the recovery and posts his errors, if they are the same as your, then recovery problem if he just reports the same two errors I said are normal, then your tablet is damaged.

PS did you go ahead and try the fake recovery? it should work with this recovery.

Just now got a chance to test 8065_recovery. Boots with the same 2 errors as bludot ! so it looks good! Tried data wipe, reported errs on sdcard. Stock recovery no errs on data wipe.

Starting now to test fake recovery. Its slow cause the tablet is in pieces now. Just change name to uImage_recovery, right ?

Ya know, I could swear the first time it booted, there was not bootloader error. Booted 3 times after that and got the error. Is it possible the os coorupts the bootloader ? It senses the boot cause when booting to system it reports a failed update.

Oh well, its seems there is lots to test now!

Last edited:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
The fake recovery is a normal zip file, don't rename it just flash it.
Errors on sdcard could mean that your sdcard location is different than the 7065.
Bootloader error most liking is nothing either, the data error is a problem though.

Last edited:

tpaine

Aug 18, 2012
Fake recovery works. Generated backup. Not ready to test restore. Whats fake about it? seems more like a temporary recovery to me ;-)

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Fake recovery works. Generated backup. Not ready to test restore. Whats fake about it? seems more like a temporary recovery to me ;-)

Just my labeling system fake means no kernel. The recovery acts exactly as any other recovery just doesn't include a kernel, that is to prevent kernel conflicts.