An Acer A500 in the hand is worth.......

taichimaster

Apr 29, 2011
If you are like I am, you keep an eye on all that tablet candy being promised by so many different companies.

Are there tablets that are GOING to come out in the NEAR FUTURE that are better than what I have? Most likely yes.

BUT>>>>

Let's use a car analogy. I've been driving my A500 car for over a month now. I've tricked out the insides (with apps) to do exactly what I want it to do. I've got music, videos, documents, a seamless connection to google docs, great internet access, etc.

You've been walking to work for a month while you sit on the fence waiting for the best car (tablet) you can have. Hope you like the wait!

Maybe someday I'll see you drive by in your BMR Tablet, but guess what? I paid a lot less for my Acer and I get really great gas mileage.

Ken

kwhabq

Apr 27, 2011
Must be a Ken mindset. LOL!

Got mine when they came out - saw how much more it would do that I wanted over the I pad, then sold the I pad.
True, it needs more apps, but has just about all I use. More apps will probably follow soon.

I really like what flash does for surfing, and above all, cutting the cord with iTunes makes tablet life more satisfying.

My 2 cents worth. And true, there will no doubt be better tablets very soon, but I also have been driving an A500 for about a month.

Another Ken

PeteDee

May 21, 2011
The only one that would have made me wait is the Thrive I think. My A500 has been great and I have it now and everything on it works now.

Ken 3

Doublesixes

Dec 6, 2010
I've had my iconia for a month and have to say that I truly love it, coming from an 8 inch A8 Cortex tab. My buddy has an I pad 2 and it has better audio, perhaps slightly better cameras, it's lighter and overall faster navigation feel but I'd still prefer my Iconia because it does everything I expect it to do. The Ipad is very handicapped by not having flash. Oh, my tab became a much better experience once I bought Acer's protective case, $42...ouch