An 'E' under the screen!?

golum

Feb 28, 2011
Just had my first tablet delivered today, an unbranded, dual speaker, 8 inch IMX515.

Picked it up for £80 (used). Unfortunately it's going straight back.

It has an 'E' made up of several dots between the glass and the screen. Also, there's a marked square and what looks like a peeled screen in the top right hand corner...very strange.

$IMAG0492.jpg$Screen Top corner.jpg

Anyone else had this 'E', or know what it is?

Cheers,

G

Model number is imx51_bbg

...and a sticker on the back with a serial number starting md08k2.....

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
No idea what this is, but please show us pictures of the whole unit and not just a small corner of it.

golum

Feb 28, 2011
Sorry, i figured those were the only interesting bits. Here's a rough overview...with added ferret action. :)

$above.jpg$rhs.jpg$back.JPG

The left hand side also has a speaker.

The pics haven't come out very well because i'm getting a lot of reflection from the lamp and/or my camera flash...and a ferret trying to 'help' doesn't make it any easier.

golum

Feb 28, 2011
It's a very strange quirk, and the 'screen shake' is pretty unmanageable even with a stylus. I was expecting there to be a bit (and try and reduce it with a firmware update) but not as much as there was.

Anyway, it's going back tomorrow and hopefully i'll get a replacement with a better screen :)

I was just curious to know if anyone else had seen this, or if it was a known fault with this type of generic dual speaker IMX515 8 incher.

G