Andriod Tablet PC crashed after application Installation

Patilkiran77

Aug 8, 2010
I have recently bought a Andriod based IPAD. It has folowing details
Andriod Version 1.6
Kernal Version 2.6.29
WMT SDK Version 1.9.
It has crashed after installating a game from internet. However system boots with above information but doesn't perform any other function. It keeps on giving a error "andriod.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. However it has all the data files that i can view through file browser that works when I insert a flash USB drive.

How do i get the the this working? I cannot see any menu options to factory reset etc. All i see is screen with home and back option and volume controls. These give me error if i try to click on these options.

any Help is really appreciated...
Kirankumar

atul292

Apr 29, 2010
dear kiran u will have to tell me where u bought this pad..and other details on there

may be the game u downloaded was a virus or even incompatible with Android

write to me in full [email protected]

the worst we have to do is reinstall OS..which isnt a big problem

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Factory reset should be in the Settings screen under SD Card and Storage

Patilkiran77

Aug 8, 2010
Recovered with 1.7 Firmware

Guys, The firmware for 1.9 didn't work for me. I used 1.7 firmware. Downloaded on SD card with script file and reboot the tablet. It worked. Firmware for 1.9 seems to be of beta version and didn't work for me.
:p

Andriod Version 1.6
Kernal Version 2.6.29
WMT SDK Version 1.9.
It has crashed after installating a game from internet. However system boots with above information but doesn't perform any other function. It keeps on giving a error "andriod.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. However it has all the data files that i can view through file browser that works when I insert a flash USB drive.

How do i get the the this working? I cannot see any menu options to factory reset etc. All i see is screen with home and back option and volume controls. These give me error if i try to click on these options.

Kirankumar

dstratton

Aug 14, 2010
Recovered with 1.7 Firmware

Guys, The firmware for 1.9 didn't work for me. I used 1.7 firmware. Downloaded on SD card with script file and reboot the tablet. It worked. Firmware for 1.9 seems to be of beta version and didn't work for me.
:p

This is a very interesting post! I need to find out more about firmware upgrades via the SD card as I have made some incorrect changes in the busybox area. My M004 no longer goes further than the initial Android version screen so I need a way to get something happening at that very early stage.

Any thoughts/links?

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Those are build numbers firmware is 1.6 then build number, unless it third-party.

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Andriod Version 1.6
Kernal Version 2.6.29
WMT SDK Version 1.9.

Kirankumar

Remove the microSDHC card if you have one
Plug in the power to the unit
Connect the unit to the USB to PC power also
Some of these pads have side mounted reset pin hole in the vents if you don't have one then you need to go into the settings sD card there is a factory reset feature. Note pressing this will wipe out all settings and applications you had installed after. Make sure the unit is connected to a power source before you trigger that function.

dstratton

Aug 14, 2010
Those are build numbers firmware is 1.6 then build number, unless it third-party.
Thank you for your reply and I have moved forward to the point where I can apply a firmware update via the SD card (but not the right one!) but I am finding it hard to locate a good, organised and free source of firmware. Most seems to be on rapidshare who are forcing me into paid downloads.
Do you recommend a source? I have emailed Arthur at Eken to ask that they make more than a single M001 version available.

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
I don't use rapidshare or megashare. Mediafire is okay it might be on there you would need to search though. So firmware v1.6 build 1.7.4 there is build 1.8.2.

androx

Aug 30, 2010
I have the same problem as you have with your Android based IPAD. Same specifications. How were you able to fix your android tablet? Please help.

Dec 28, 2010
Andriod Version 1.6
Kernal Version 2.6.29
WMT SDK Version 1.9.

Kirankumar

Maybe I need to find firmware 1.7 because 2.1 is not working for me. So I now how you feel.