Android 2.2.2 bugs / probs thread

50cals

Jan 5, 2011
Posted in the other thread but thought we may need a spot for bugs or probs people may be finding :

has anyone installed another home app like Launcher Pro or ADW AND still have the huawei home installed.

on every restart I have noticed it boots to the lockscreen.... anyway to change that?

and i have set Launcher pro as default home, but after every restart and getting past the lockscreen it defaults back to Huawei home desktop.

Also not seeing the 2 open wireless connections here at work, (before 2.2 upgrade) was working and seeing them fine....... force closes now in WIFI settings and just hangs at scanning. WIFI at home is fine.

any thoughts on these?​

NevadaDave

Mar 2, 2011
I also noticed the lockscreen issue at startup. I haven't found anything to change that. I see all the normal wireless connections here at home (which is also my workspace). So far, I haven't had any forced close problems. SetCPU now has a 998 MHz option.
Wifi hotspot seems to work great with my cell provider SIM.

moshe5368

Mar 13, 2011
I do not use the lock screen app and I have adw launcher installed. Goes to adw on startup with no problems. May be an issue with the lock screen.
My bugs are different. Apps that I had installed from the market on 2. 1 Cannot be found on the market using 22. still cannot root with soc for some reason. Tried dl new drivers for my xp box but no luck. Hangs on screen waiting for device. Have tried suggestions at xda about cycling debug on and off on tablet. Have not seen improved battery life but faster speed may be a trade off. Will be working on this thing all day ( retired, have lots of time).

Sent from my IDEOS S7 using Android Tablet Forum

50cals

Jan 5, 2011
@moshe...........this is the default lock screen that is in the build, not an App that i installed from the market.

Some forums have mentioned the app "nolock" but i tried and still get the lock screen after a reboot.

When you go into settings > Location& Security > set screen lock ..... there is an option to "Disable screen unlock security" , it says None , but when you click it to disable it does nothing but go to the previous loc & security menu..... so that's not working

Also with airplane mode OFF , and you just turn WIFI on, then reboot , WIFI is getting turned off when you load in to desktop.

With Launcher pro installed along with the huawei home , using home switcher to SET laucher pro as default......after you reboot it loads into huawei home.

Seems like there is some problem with the save configuration.

moshe5368

Mar 13, 2011
@50Cals, for some reason, I never had to set the lock screen. My tab just powers up when I turn it on with no need to unlock. So far, no problems with wi-fi here at home but the battery issue is almost enough to make me set this device aside and find another tablet to work with.

Sent from my IDEOS S7 using Android Tablet Forum

Limey

Mar 15, 2011
I'm using VTL which is built off ADW, just tweeked for land scape, and not having a problem. It'll load up fine on a reboot but the lock screen still comes up first. It always has come up no matter 2.1 stock, Singapore or 2.2. What version launcher are you using and have you tried dropping back to an older version?
The MyLock app works on the lock screen but only after you have unlocked from the start up lock, app doesn't load till after you are on the desktop. Plus just read they took out the setting to turn it completely off in 2.2.

Sent from my IDEOS S7

Last edited:

dublea

Feb 22, 2011
Found that the light sensor on my S7-104 is not functioning correctly. Since it's not working the auto-brightness is also counted out. If you are having battery issues I highly recommend adjusting your brightness as it is probably at full. This should increase battery life.

50cals

Jan 5, 2011
So i reflashed the rom, and not getting force close in wifi settings now..

One thing i didn't do is restore all my old titanium back up apps.

Tablet now boots into launcher pro, after getting past that darn lockscreen on boot.. So thats fixed.

Wifi at work today actually saw both open networks but kept looping from Connecting to scanning to disabled on and on..... So i manually added one network with same name and bam optained ip and is working fine now.

Maybe my initial probs were with the backup i first restored.

The lockscreen on boot i guess i will have to live with until a fix or way to disable it

wifi turning itself off on reboot still remains, but things are running great atm

loving my s7!

Sent from my IDEOS S7

Last edited:

50cals

Jan 5, 2011
Anyone notice, volume level has been changed?

any apps out there that can boost volume levels? searched market with no luck.

thx

Sent from my IDEOS S7

Limey

Mar 15, 2011
Anyone notice, volume level has been changed?

any apps out there that can boost volume levels? searched market with no luck.

thx

Sent from my IDEOS S7

When the Dev gods get CW recovery working you can try DSP Manager. There are other ones out there but never tried them, personally I'm like the new volume... doesn't blast out on the lowest setting anymore ;)

Andipad

Dec 27, 2010
- First crash ever of an application: Market! Happened only once, so far.

- Can't get Titanium Backup to run: "T.B. (process com.keramidas.TitaniumBackup) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again" comes up after getting root rights. It worked just fine under 2.1 but now I can't restore:mad:

- The default Weather widget does not list the Americas, only Asia and Europe. Probably easy to fix. I can get another, of course.

The default RSS widget came with news feeds I don't care for. I erased them but I can't get BBC & Yahoo headlines to display on the home page live list. It shows "Invalid feed!"

- The light dimmer does not work properly, as noted by others. (I use manual adjustment anyway)

Other minor things that I don't remember right now. Still in the exploratory phase.

BTW...not that I was dying to have it but Flash does work and much better than I expected.

NevadaDave

Mar 2, 2011
I also noticed that phone call volume seems to be lower - I used to be able to hear very clearly, now I have to hold the speaker next to my ear to get decent volume.

50cals

Jan 5, 2011
Yes, we need to figure out how to get the old volume and mic settings back!!!!!!

people can't hear me on skype, that used to say i was loud and clear even from across the room, same with nettalk

music volume sucks now, hope someone can find a mod or way to get old 2. 1 Settings back

Sent from my IDEOS S7

Last edited: