Android 2.2 laptop won't boot

Sionnan

Jun 21, 2012
Hello all,

I've run into a problem with my mini laptop, and I was hoping others might be able to help.

I have a 7-inch mini laptop, with Android 2.2 operating on it. After an extended period of it being on, I decided to hard reboot it and give the hardware a chance to cool down. However, upon pushing the power button, it loaded the Android animation and froze there indefinitely.

When I pushed the power off button, it gave me several options- to restart, cancel, or shut down. I chose shut down. Did this effectively wipe the system or something?

Thanks

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
No, it shouldn't have wiped anything. You will know the next time you turn it on if that is the case though. If it hangs the next time you try and turn it on you might want to try a hardware reset. This is available on some devices usually via a small pin hole reset button. If that doesn't work you may need to try a factory reset in which case you will loose all of your apps and data. This is usually accomplished by some combination of buttons such as power and volume +.

Sionnan

Jun 21, 2012
Thanks very much for your reply! Unfortunately, it seems as though it's dead for good. It seems to be a problem common to this product, the 7-inch mini laptop. My version runs the 2.2, kernel 2.6.32, version 1.5.5. Is there any way I might be able to get a backup of the OS and reinstall it?

Thanks again