Android 2.2 on S7

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
I've re-registered because my old account was somehow deleted. But I still can't make a post.

I decided to call Huwaei to see if they can reconfirm 2.2, and they did at least confirm the Q1 release yet again.

I was also able to file the g-sensor bug with them. Not sure if they will make it in to the 2.2, or if they will ever fix it for us. Not a big deal, hopefully.

dublea

Feb 22, 2011
What are the 998 & 768 reffering to?

The BB version has the CPU clocked at 768Mhz while the singapore rom that most flash to runs at 998Mhz. I had asked which speed the CPU would run at and that was the answer.

how can I check which mine has?

Answered above =P

I decided to call Huwaei to see if they can reconfirm 2.2, and they did at least confirm the Q1 release yet again.

I was also able to file the g-sensor bug with them. Not sure if they will make it in to the 2.2, or if they will ever fix it for us. Not a big deal, hopefully.

I also attempted to get a more accurate date but was just told Q1. Q1 ends at the end of this month. So they must have a release date but are unable to give it out I'm guessing.

pvella

Dec 20, 2010
Some devices, like the Australian version, do not seem to overclock even with the Singapore ROM. The best way to overclock is to use something like SetCPU.

Be aware though, that typically these devices are not CPU Bound, they are IO Bound, and therefore there will be no noticeable improvement, and a reduction in battery life. Some intensive games may work better if overclocked.