Android 2.2 unable to connect to wifi.

Apr 12, 2013
Android OS 2.2
Kernel 2.6.32
Build Number V1.5.5

Whenever I try and connect to a wifi it says "scanning" then a message comes up saying "unable to scan for networks" and then a few seconds later the wifi turns off. How can I fix this?

p.s please no one give me an answer which involves downloading anything via the internet as I have no way to connect to the internet on my device.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum Lauren

It's a shame you made the statement about downloading something because I would have suggested trying to find a public hotspot or a friend's WiFi (you didn't say you had tried anything other than what I imagine is your WiFi), in order to download WiFi Analyzer from ther market, if you can get connected, somewhere! ;)

I have a link in my signatire leading to another link with WiFi tips just in case the problem is your WiFi (router). But some of my suggestions include downloading some files like the one I mentioned.

One thing you didn't mention, was it working properly at one point, and if so, did you download an app that may have interfered with the WiFi. I know that's a tough question but consider what you installed.