android 2.2

lucashulne

Oct 18, 2010
Got a sample tablet with android v2.2 installed. There is no app market on this thing. Does that have to be embedded in the OS to work or is there a way for me to add the market? I know you can go out and find specific apk files but that isn't an easy sell for customers.

ZilverZurfarn

May 3, 2010
The Market app (and other Google integrations bits and pieces like Calendar, contacts & cetera) is only available to Google partners. If the tablet manufacturer isn't a Google partner, these things aren't available (even if some smaller companies don't give a damn, and include it anyway). Try SlideMe for a good alternative to the std Market.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Tegra 2 tablets shipping eh.

Malata is new at this. Be prepared to wait for a while.

lucashulne

Oct 18, 2010
yea, the thing is super nice. Good battery life, nice screen. Just all i can do right now is browse the internet cause i have no marketplace.

Thanks ZilverZurFarn, i will look into that.

sherring8290

Oct 5, 2010
if you can find a way to install custom recover you can load the "googleapps.zip" file and get maps, gmail, market... etc, I just found this stuff last night formy gpad G10 (even though it comes with a working market) so the stuff is out there, also to answer your question about side loading the market.apk, yes that method has worked for me in the past with phones with the market not installed (custom roms) this should work because the google market runs on 3g adn wifi, hope this helps

SnakeManJayd

Jan 13, 2011
if you can find a way to install custom recover you can load the "googleapps.zip" file and get maps, gmail, market... etc

Did you try this lucashulne? Did it work? I'm going to order the Zpad from them soon which is very similar to the A1011, if not the same thing rebranded. Would Also like to know how these things work.
Thanks