I'll try it sometime this week when it's available here in Algeria

Read it here.

2mysubb.gif

My A500 Rocks!
Thor Transformer Revolver 3.5 Port v4.1

Last edited:

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
Well that comes as a bit of a surprise. We just had 3.2 update about 2 weeks ago and just received a NVIDIA update today. I won't be rooting this A500 but I reckon it is a bit of a porky that we will not be able to root this new version of the ACER system. We're still a long way from ICS but I heard from elsewhere that JELLY BEAN will be the new one for the tabs. Apparently it will be exactly the same as ICS in every aspect.

:confused:

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
I'll try it sometime this week when it's available here in Algeria

Read it here.

My A500 Rocks!
Thor Transformer Revolver 3.5 Port v4.1

That article and the 5 or 6 word for word copies of it on several copy cat sites are the only source for this rumor.
Te article is so poorly written you can't tell what it is talking about. It cslls it 3.2 in some places and 3.2.1. In others.
It refers to r, different tablets.
So fat not one person has reported getting it, even on xda.

agent16

May 10, 2011
I just got 3.2.1. So - what does it do for us? I don't see any significant changes.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Jut got mu update to 3.2.1 this evening, a full month and a half after this thread was started.
I'm located in Washington State. Douvie got his a month or more ago in Australia.

I think my microphone volume is a little bit better but i cant tell for sure without more tests.

Douvie got this update a month ago so he may have some better input.

NOTE:

My tablet updated twice in a row.

The first brought me to Acer_A500_7.014.01_COM _GEN2,
the second brought me to Acer_A500_7.014.02_COM _GEN2

The First went quickly, the second had a great big scary warning screen which I have never seen before, and which wasn't on the first update:

$IMG_20111220_192355.jpg

After the second upload My Microphone was back to its old horrible status. AARRRGGGAHHH!
First they fix it, then they break it again.

I found If I muffle the back mic (the one in the MicroSD slot) it seems to record better.
I might just stuff that compartment full of silly-puddy or something to kill off that mic.

The Market App is updated so that both Music and Movies can now be purchased on line
(at least in the US). Market is now version 3.4.4 which matches my Nexus One.

I'll post back if I see any additional changes.

Agent16: What version are you showing now? and what general area are you located in?

Last edited:

scubaboyc

Aug 3, 2011
just got it in chicago. looks like there's a new market app. i'll try the mic this weekend. gonna play with it awhile.

BDiddy

Aug 19, 2011
Just got my update. AnTuTu benchmark bumped up a bit, from around 4600 to 4700 (how the heck do people get up to the 6000-7000 range with their A500s? I assume they're all rooted). It's probably my imagination, but performance in terms of opening apps and navigating around home screens seems a little snappier. New Market app, as previously mentioned.

StoneKy

Jul 30, 2011
Got both in KY

Yea Ice the second came as a surprise and the screen scared me a bit too!

spexwood

May 11, 2011
ICEBIKE:
Were you rooted in regular 3.2? If so, how did you get the update to install?

I'm running a rooted, but 100% stock 3.2 and the update won't install for me. I have all the bloatware installed and have done all the typical "I can't get the OTA update to install" fixes. I think the problem is my rom may be slightly different than stock due to however it was rooted (it was a prerooted ROM that I flashed; I did not root after installing the ROM). I say this because the update log says something about my kernel not being the same size as what it should be.

Also, if you were rooted, did it keep after the update?

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

Last edited:

BDiddy

Aug 19, 2011
Hmm ... well, after the 2nd of the 2 updates, my AnTuTu Benchmark score is up to 4833. I'll buy that for a dollar!

bclinger

Aug 11, 2011
I an glad to hear it is a 2 step update. I was wondering what was happening. No noticeable changes yet.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

frnkws

Jul 30, 2011
Well, after both updates I can say the wifi dropout is less but not totally gone. It was dropping out every 20 seconds or so but now every couple of minutes.

scubaboyc

Aug 3, 2011
OK, I'm having issues w/ app updates. When I try to install an update, the tablet tell me the app is already installed and gets stuck in a loop, even pushing STOP does nothing.

Anyone else have this issue? Any advice on fixing it?

BDiddy

Aug 19, 2011
I've seen this glitch before. I think in this situation, if you check the version of the app on your tablet, you'll find it's the latest one. Android Market sometimes messes things up. It may also be that when an update is about to pushed out for an app, you'll see it in your "My Apps" section as ready to update, but it actually isn't quite ready. Example--I noticed last night that there was an update for AnTuTu Benchmark, but when I selected it, I was told the app is already installed. This morning, saw another notification to update, and this time it did. Now there's a notification for Bunny Shooter to update, but it says app is already installed--I'll check to see if there's a true update to that game later today.