android 3.2 for dual boot viewpad 10.

RckyBobby

Apr 2, 2011
I came across this the other day and so far it works pretty darn good, almost makes me want to wipe windows and use this exclusively. so far pretty much all the apps that didn't work on 2.2 or 2.3 still don't work, but there are plenty that does. the two major things that haven't worked for me are Bluetooth, and the camera. there might be more but I just haven't ran across them yet. it is labeled android-x86-3.2-RC1-tegav2.iso but the tegav2 is the same as the Viewpad10, the link is below

http://tabletsx86.org/

Below is the link to the newest rc2 for the viewpad 10. Thanks to Ramzi for pointing it out.
http://code.google.com/p/android-x86/downloads/detail?name=android-x86-3.2-RC2-tegav2.iso&can=2&q=

Last edited:

routzong

Aug 9, 2011
Running it on mine as well. Its awesome. I'm not having a problem with my 16GB Sdcard. Havent tried BT yet.

hhofmans

Jul 22, 2011
That's good news guys! I do have a regular Viewpad 10 running Android 2.x and Win 7. I also have a 16 GB microSD that works fine. Will it run this 3.2 version ok?

zed

Sep 5, 2011
I'v been running this for a couple of days and I like it! THe VP10 is pretty fast with 2GB RAM in both Windows and Android.

My only concern is the fan noise. How is the fan on your Viewpads?

Mine seems to come on as soon as I boot, and is on all the time the tablet is switched on. I don't remember it being this bad before I fitted the 2GB RAM, but it may be just me being paranoid. I guess having just under 1GB of free hard-drive space doesnt help.

I'd be interested in knowing you find the fan on your tablets!

R4Ck

Sep 9, 2011
Someone having problems with the touchscreen? In my viewpad, you have to use a circular cursor, and it has a delay

pkay

Sep 11, 2011
how can i get it to recognise the touchpad properly, i get a circle cursor type rather that a proper android like touchscreen. makes it unusable IMHO. I have a tega v2 type

nelgrek

Aug 16, 2011
Also want to know the performance of 16 GB microSD on Android 3.2 OS. I'm very interested in this tab now, and hope it's not a general compatible issue on the tab so that I might take it.

hhofmans

Jul 22, 2011
Also want to know the performance of 16 GB microSD on Android 3.2 OS. I'm very interested in this tab now, and hope it's not a general compatible issue on the tab so that I might take it.

No issues here, my V10 runs android v3.2 very well!

mmp669

Oct 20, 2011
Someone having problems with the touchscreen? In my viewpad, you have to use a circular cursor, and it has a delay

I have the same problem on mine, it's a novatech ntablet, basicallya re-badged viewpad. Hope someone can figure out a solution.

Ramzi

Nov 6, 2011
Dear RckyBobby,

Thanks a lot, I have installed the OS in my viewsonic tablet (Intel1.66 , 2GB Ram, 32GB HD), now I'm having the following problems :

1. There is a frame surrounding the screen flashes orange when I move between the applications.
2. The system live wallpapers not working.
3. I can not download any thing from the market ( error message : download canceled).
4. I can not control the screen brightness.
5. I can not control the volume levels.
6. Error message appears whenever I turned on the device for the failure in one of the android system applications.

Does anyone have any idea about the problem?

Thanks in advance.

sandpiper

May 1, 2011
Loaded android-x86-3.2-RC1-tegav2.iso on to a flash drive and have been booting from it for a couple of days. So far so good. All the essentials seem to be working including Youtube videos. I like it much better that 2.2 from Viewsonic. I could never get Youtube to work under 2.2.
I used UNETBOOTIN from Viewsonic to build the .iso to the flash drive. So, if you want to try something new and better, give it a try.

RckyBobby

Apr 2, 2011
Now I have Android 3.2 works great, the previous version (android-x86-3.2-RC1-tegav2.iso) had a lot of problems with my device, the version (android-x86-3.2-RC2-tegav2.iso) works grate:

android-x86-3.2-RC2-tegav2.iso - android-x86 - Android-x86 3.2-RC2 live and installation iso - An open source project to provide android support on x86 - Google Project Hosting

Good find, I am going to have try that later, Did they get Bluetooth working yet? And please let us know what is and isn't working so far.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Android Tablet Forum

Ramzi

Nov 6, 2011
Good find, I am going to have try that later, Did they get Bluetooth working yet? And please let us know what is and isn't working so far.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Android Tablet Forum

Unfortunately, Bluetooth still not working.
Clicking on the enter button (third button) does not lead to anything
A new version of the android market available, tried a lot of applications and games have all worked well so far.
There is an application named Open Manager came with the system, always crash when try to open it.
Sound works great.
email, Gmail and facebook app. available with the system.
Can not control the screen brightness .. moving the cursor does not change anything.

What is the use of the following apps. :

0xBenchmark ?
API Demos ?
Dev Tools ?
Spare Parts ?

RckyBobby

Apr 2, 2011
Unfortunately, Bluetooth still not working.
Clicking on the enter button (third button) does not lead to anything
A new version of the android market available, tried a lot of applications and games have all worked well so far.
There is an application named Open Manager came with the system, always crash when try to open it.
Sound works great.
email, Gmail and facebook app. available with the system.
Can not control the screen brightness .. moving the cursor does not change anything.

What is the use of the following apps. :

0xBenchmark ?
API Demos ?
Dev Tools ?
Spare Parts ?

the benchmark is an app to test the graphics,
API demo I am not sure of, I think it just demonstrates the graphics ability.
Dev tools is for developers, it shows a lot of little things and you can control some stuff.
spare parts has various little tools in it about apps and what has been using your battery.
there is a lot more stuff that can be done with these apps.