Android 4.0 on cheap tablets?

petloc

Jan 4, 2011
Hi i have just received my Ainol Paladin with ICS, it is quite fast, smooth only issue no flash, when you try to run from youtube it needs to be reset, got mine from China only took 4 days, cost £79,

alexrex02

Jan 17, 2012
Purchased a Zenithink C71 (in Jan 12 - cheap from DHGate) and can confirm that the ICS upgrade from the Manufacturer works fine! (no Flash 11 tho)
It also connects to external HDD drives via mini usb (if you prefer wires) & remote web desktop via wifi.

Last edited:

criver

Oct 20, 2011
Thank you very much!
Are you sure that a 2.5'' doesn't need any additional power supply (was thinking to buy an exteranl HDD cause the usb flash drives are "a little" expenisve). My sister had an external hdd - not sure if it's 3.5'' or 2.5'' - but it apparently needed additional power supply - so it was pretty much unusable with a tablet.

ethicalricado

Jan 4, 2012
I have an upgraded India version of huawie ideos under the name of beetel magiq II
Will I he able to upgrade it frm froyo to icecream sandwich???

Sent from my IDEOS S7 using Android Tablet Forum

Gobalot

Jan 4, 2012
Thread is getting a bit old now, but just thought I'd like to add that I bought a cheap chinese tablet running 4.0.1 for Xmas. So far I'm very impressed, it's not an Apple, but at a fraction of the price it's very good value for money. The Zepad 10.1" capacitive screen is great fun to play on. I've downloaded the KINDLE app and had no problems downloading free and cheap books, the kindle dictionary downloaded and is so useful and quick. It cost me £150 delivered from Hong Kong, I did have to pay another £15 to UPS for customs and duty on delivery, but was expecting this. Delivery was about 20 days though.
Usual apps work really well, video trailers are fantastic and in HD and it plays my AVI files directly from a USB stick. HDMI directly to my TV with one button press. Internal speakers are a bit poor, but headphones work great. Much better at keeping the WiFi signal than my other tablets. Email no problems at all, capacitive screen keyboard is so good (little beep on each key press) I won't be plugging in the extra keyboard ever.
So far, I'm impressed.