Android 4 (ICS) User Documentation

What Android 4 documentation for tablet users do you most want?

• I am mostly O.K. with the Android 4 information now available.

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • I want an actual user guide for Android 4 as installed on my actual tablet model.

Votes: 10 62.5%
  • I would be happy with a generic Android 4 guide or manual.

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • None of these options suits me - my needs are different.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

jisitt

Dec 20, 2011
I have been using Android 4.03 on two Acer ICONIA tablets: an A100 and A500. Other than some "app" compatibility, the recent Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) upgrade appears successful. The user experience would however be enhanced by a proper user guide.

I see another Acer ICONIA tablet model, the A200, is being sold with Android 4. For this, Acer does offer a downloadable manual that is helpful. However it also addresses some features, like the so-called "Acer ring," that do not seem to be supported on the A100 or A500.

Has any one found another Acer ICONIA model-specific or general user reference document for Android 4? If so, please share that information.

Thanks.

:cool:

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Hi jisitt, welcome to the forum. Check out the link in my signature (down there VVVV) for general info on how to use Android including ICS. Acer has made some modifications but the general guide should help you get familiar with ICS.

JP

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
Those are just user guides. Acer A500 has its own. Can be downloaded from the the ACER website.

But they are not really extensive enough for some. There is no official ANDROID 4.0.3 documentation because GOOGLE hasn't released any thus far. that what I'm interested in. I do have ANDROID DEVELOPMENT DOCUMENTATION but that is more about the SDK rather than specific commands and other, what I consider important, "nuts and bolts".

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Those are just user guides. Acer A500 has its own. Can be downloaded from the the ACER website.

But they are not really extensive enough for some. There is no official ANDROID 4.0.3 documentation because GOOGLE hasn't released any thus far. that what I'm interested in. I do have ANDROID DEVELOPMENT DOCUMENTATION but that is more about the SDK rather than specific commands and other, what I consider important, "nuts and bolts".

Um, actually the do. Check out the link in my signature for the Android user documentation.

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
Um, actually the do. Check out the link in my signature for the Android user documentation.

That link for ANDROID OS HELP is for the MOTOROLA XOOM, NEXUS 5 and the Galaxy and their user documentation as it says. I have already checked it out.

And when you go to OS Help it explains problems about one's google account.

That is not indepth documentation - ie commands and syntax structure, semantics and etc.

Again I'm going to disagree.

Last edited: