Android A500 HELP!!

scurtis3893

Mar 17, 2013
I have an Acer A500 version 3.2.1 kernal version 2.6.36.3+
I recently purchased this and yes its used but very good condition and i have been having issues with web pages loading. I would start up the browser and after about 10-15 minutes of going page to page the pages would stop loading as if it stalled. The thing is it wasnt as if i was loosing connection or leaving it for a long while on one page. I would then have to restart the tablet but then again it does the same thing. I was curious if there is a setting or update i need to change or if this is just a lemon and need to sell it? PLEASE HELP!! thank you.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum. You may indeed be having a problem with communicating with your WiFi. You can be connected but still have issues with the connection for various reasons. I have a link in my signature with some suggestions that may help.

scurtis3893

Mar 17, 2013
I will go and try these steps, I have tried cold starts many of times and it will work and then i guess stall? it will show the page loading on the tool bar but nothing happens. Am i able to update to version 4.0.3? will that help? THANKS!!

me75006

Feb 28, 2013
If you have access to a source, you can try an alternative browser. Opera mobil, Pandora, Firefox, etc.
By access, if you have Google Play or Amazon Appstore, you could install the browser via them.
Just seeing if a problem is browser specific or common to (more than one) may help.