Android App From Amazon

verna2197

Nov 13, 2011
I got a free app from Amazon and have been trying and trying to put this on my Nook Color, I am unable to get it on my Nook. It keeps telling me to archive it and then archive it. Once I click on ok I am unable to find it.

verna2197

verna2197

Nov 13, 2011
ok I did copy it to my nook wasn't sure where to put it so I made a folder called games. Anyway here is the file as it states on my nook and computer Amazon_Appstore-release.apk. I don't know what this file is or how to go about undoing it so I can have this on my nook. Can anyone possibly help me please

verna2197

Nov 13, 2011
nope doesn't work that way either. I guess for some reason my Nook Color just won't take them. Thanks though

verna2197

Nov 13, 2011
Is your Nook rooted or running a custom ROM? Do you have the unknown sources box checked in Settings?

I don't know and I went to setting sot find the box that says unknown sources but have no idea where it is. Was unable to find it. All I know is I just purchased this Nook, only have had it for a couple weeks now. Can you tell me how to fix it please.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I don't know and I went to setting sot find the box that says unknown sources but have no idea where it is. Was unable to find it. All I know is I just purchased this Nook, only have had it for a couple weeks now. Can you tell me how to fix it please.

Is your Nook rooted? If it isn't rooted or running a custom ROM you will not be able to access the Android Market or Amazon App Store. If it is you go Settings>Applications then check the Unknown sources box.

If you are not yet rooted you are in the right place. We can help you with that ;)

verna2197

Nov 13, 2011
When I go to settings I do not see an place that says Applications. I have

Device Settings under that
Device Info
Wireless
Screen
Sounds
Time
Security
Keyboard

Then I have

App Settings under that
Home
Shop
Social
Reader
Search

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011

verna2197

Nov 13, 2011
Thank you I have to go down the mountain now to town soon as I get back I am going to try this and see what happens. Also need to purchase 2 SD cards. I really appreciate your help with this.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Thank you I have to go down the mountain now to town soon as I get back I am going to try this and see what happens. Also need to purchase 2 SD cards. I really appreciate your help with this.

Generally speaking SanDisk Class 4 or Class 6 work the best in the Nooks. Size is a matter of preference but I suggest 4GB or larger.

verna2197

Nov 13, 2011
I think I have forgotten everything there is about my computer. I inserted a SanDisk SDHC Card into the slot on my computer and can't find it listed anywhere. Is this even the right memory card. I am an older person who I think my mind is leaving me. GGG! Really I could use all the help that I could possible get on this.
Thanks
Verna2197

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Sure, one thing to note is that the Nook Color actually uses a micro SD card rather than a full sized SD card, though they often come with a full size adapter so that you can use them in standard SD card slots. Because it is understood that the Nook Color uses a micro SD card the we tend to shorten it to just SD card in use around here.

What type of computer are you using and what version of OS (i.e. XP, Vista, Windows 7)? Basically they all have a way to navigate to the main directory called "My Computer" which will list your drives. The micro SD card should show up as one of these drives.

verna2197

Nov 13, 2011
Ok then that was my problem I didn't purchase the micro SD cards. So I will need to take these back and get the right ones. I have a Dell desktop, using Win 7 32bit. The card I put in didn't show up in my computer. I will go back to town tomorrow and get the right ones. I guess I should have looked at my papers to see what to get. Duh me. I did download the programs that I am suppose to use but I'm not sure I really understand how to do it even though I have read it. So I will be asking you for your help again tomorrow if you don't mind.

Thanks alot. I really appreciate all the help you are giving to me to get my Nook the way I want it.