Android Charging

NikiB44

Dec 25, 2011
I bought my daughter the Google Android tablet for Christmas, however, it won't charge using the adaptor plug. It feels like the attachment won't go all the way in. I don't have a double ended USB cable. Can you please advise a suggestion for my next step??? I'm in the UK so not sure if this site can help me or my daughter but we are hoping ^_^

Thank you in anticipation.

Niki

dansamy

Dec 19, 2010
There are hundreds of models of Android tablets, ranging from $70 glorified e-readers to $600+ iPad competitors. We need to know what you actually have. Your particular problem sounds like a hardware issue, which is covered by your warranty.

Sent from my DROIDX using Android Tablet Forum

NikiB44

Dec 25, 2011
There are hundreds of models of Android tablets, ranging from $70 glorified e-readers to $600+ iPad competitors. We need to know what you actually have. Your particular problem sounds like a hardware issue, which is covered by your warranty.

Its an MID Google Android tablet. The bit that goes into the tablet doesn't seem to be fitting in properly so therefore, its not charging up. No lights etc. Very very frustrated and so is my 9 yr old daughter. Worse comes to worse then I'll send it back. Bought it off Amazon in the UK.

NikiB44

Dec 25, 2011
Looks like I may have to send this back to the supplier. I'll email them and see what they suggest. Thanks for all the input. ^_^

dansamy

Dec 19, 2010
MID isn't the brand. It stands for Mobile Internet Device. It sounds like you have an unbranded Chinese tablet. Poor quality control isn't unusual for them.

NikiB44

Dec 25, 2011
As far as I know it hasn't come from China. At least I'll have some come back seeing as I bought it on Amazon. As far as I am aware this is a Google Android, so surely it is linked to Google. O_O

Nimster

Dec 25, 2011
I'm having to exact same problem with the exact same model. Must be an issue with this model.

And me! Relieved it's not me somehow being incompetent (it's a present for my daughter). Assume it'll be covered by warranty / receipt. Wonder how many of these there are?

ClaireG

Dec 25, 2011
Hi Nikki,

I am so gutted i brought the same device for my daughter, and i also wanted to pay quick for this item so i did a bank transfer to the guys bank account, after reading that he had 100% feedback and sold a lot of items similar, i brought mine from Ebay and sounds like the one you have brought, it was working fine, my son added some music for her, and she want to put in the charger and refused to charge it was charging prior. Im so gutted and my daughter main xmas present, shes well upset :( I have emailed the guy who sold me the item and im not looking for any good response from him on this :( i dont think i would get a replacement, nevermind my money back !!
Please let me know how u get on from Amazon and what advice they offered yourself.

Thanks

Claire

dansamy

Dec 19, 2010
As far as I know it hasn't come from China. At least I'll have some come back seeing as I bought it on Amazon. As far as I am aware this is a Google Android, so surely it is linked to Google. O_O

No. Google Android is the name of the OS. It doesn't mean the device is in anyway connected to Google as a corporation. Just like your Windows PC uses a MS OS, but the hardware is not from MS.

Yes, the unbranded devices really are Chinese Shanzhai products. It doesn't matter that the seller is hawking them on Amazon or eBay or a Chinese portal site.

NikiB44

Dec 25, 2011
Hi Nikki,

I am so gutted i brought the same device for my daughter, and i also wanted to pay quick for this item so i did a bank transfer to the guys bank account, after reading that he had 100% feedback and sold a lot of items similar, i brought mine from Ebay and sounds like the one you have brought, it was working fine, my son added some music for her, and she want to put in the charger and refused to charge it was charging prior. Im so gutted and my daughter main xmas present, shes well upset :( I have emailed the guy who sold me the item and im not looking for any good response from him on this :( i dont think i would get a replacement, nevermind my money back !!
Please let me know how u get on from Amazon and what advice they offered yourself.

Thanks

Claire

Trust me, if I don't get a satisfactory response I will kick up a dreadful stink. Fingers crossed for getting my money back and then I'll get one from somewhere else. I hope you get a positive response from your seller. Good luck!!! Will keep this thread updated with any emails I receive from my seller. :)

dansamy

Dec 19, 2010
For lack of a better phrase, the "major" minor brands have pretty good community support. All the capacitive Coby models, some of the resistive ones, some models of Pandigital and Velocity Micro Cruz, most of the Archos and the Vizio Vtab. For budget devices with good community support to help you add the Android Market, Coby is the main player in the game. Some of them can get Android Market installed without needing to root, making it ideal for a tablet you're about to hand to little Johnny or Susie.

ClaireG

Dec 25, 2011
Thanks Nikki look forward for an update from yourself, im in process of emailing my seller, fingers crossed.

Keep you posted.