Android Galaxy Tab and JAVA

BretAD

May 3, 2012
I am aware after reading many blogs that Android uses a Google Version of Java Script. Unfortunately it has its limitations and when using the tablet to access a Building Automation platform that requires java not all pages/pixs files load on the TAB.. Found some threads recommending the download of SKYFIRE browser to see if it would help.

Performed the download for of Skyfire for the specific model Galaxy and the Tab will not open FILE.. Pretty frustrating. Any suggestions?

Sue7M3

Staff member
Jan 2, 2011
Java simply doesn't work on Android at this time. It would be nice if it did but there doesn't seen to be any great push for it.

sharksark

May 17, 2012
but thats ridiculous! i need to access a java trading platform totrade futures. so basically i wasted good money buying this galaxy tab? should have waited for the MS Tab thats coming at tge end of the year!

Sue7M3

Staff member
Jan 2, 2011
Java doesn't work on Apple mobile devices either. It's strictly a Windows/Mac thing for now. Your mistake was in not doing your homework before you made your purchase. If you knew you had such a specific need, why did you not check to see the device was compatible before you bought it? It sounds like a laptop would be best for you. For most people, the Galaxy Tab is a fantastic and highly useful device.

Last edited:

Heidi5

Jul 8, 2012
Dear, I also bought my device with the intention to use Java for netbanking on it. The shop confirmed me that the tablet supported Java but now I encounter exactly the same problem.... While I did my homework. I was really in doubt which tablet I needed to be able to use netbanking. Ipad wasnt recommended although.

Sue7M3

Staff member
Jan 2, 2011
I have no idea what "netbanking" is. Never heard of it. If you mean using your bank's website to check your balance, make transfers, etc, it shouldn't be a problem. I use two banks and both internet banking systems work just fine. If your's doesn't it's probably your bank to blame, not the Galaxy Tab.

And you didn't do your homework at all. You trusted the word of some cashier instead of going online and researching. A simple Google search would have told you Java is not available for the Android OS.

jgrande

Jul 8, 2012
How is it possible that there is not a "great push" for java support on galaxy tabs??? I am a trader too, and having a tablet that supports java embeded online actualization pricing grapihics will increase the productivity od trading to the roof...
For God sake please develope something!!!! any one, ipad, samsumg or whoever but do it fast!

Sue7M3

Staff member
Jan 2, 2011
The Android OS isn't compatible with it and there hasn't been enough of a demand to make it worth anyone's while to change that. Some developers have come out with emulators for rooted devices only but most seem to have disappeared. Add to that that Google just sued Oracle and won a huge patent infringement settlement-Oracle is the company behind Java and they don't seem inclined to help out Android anytime soon.

It's up to the sites you do your trading, "netbanking" or whatever you call it to develop and release an Android app. Complain to them.