Android Honeycomb playing WMV files

ggeorg03

Jun 26, 2011
Hello all,

I apologize in advance if this may be a dumb question, but I'm relatively new to Android and tablets in general. I'm looking into purchasing the Samsung Galaxy 10.1 and had a question about it's ability to play WMV files. The grad school I attend records all of our lectures and posts them online or us to view in WMV format...I tried opening these links on the Galaxy in the store, but it wasn't working. On my PC, when I click on the link, it simply opens up the file in Windows Media Player, but obviously that doesn't happen on the Android tablet.

I tried reading up on this and was wondering if simply downloading Rockplayer would be the answer to my problems? Or is there another solution? Any help is much appreciated...thank you!

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Yep, all you need is a viewer that supports that format. I use Arcviewer

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Tablet Forum

ggeorg03

Jun 26, 2011
One more question...do these viewers have any settings to adjust the play speed? For example, the be able to watch files at 1.5x the normal playback speed..

Bethshaya

Jul 21, 2011
According to some reviews, the android honeycomb system can't support wmv movies playback. For my self, i just use a video tool which is named Foxreal video converter to change wmv to mp4, which can be played well by honeycombe devices