Android LiveCD

uplade3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Apr 29, 2011
google-android-livecd.png

Google has released an operating system for use on cell phones and tablets. The Android operating system is the leading competitor for Apple's iOS for the iPhone and iPad. So what does Android have over Apple? One of the main appeals is that Android is open source. This means all those iPhone users who are continuously jailbreaking for every firmware update are missing out on open source freedom.

Don't want to shell out money on a device if you aren't sure if you like Android? Google has released the Android Live CD where you can burn the operating system to a disk and test drive it out. You can either test drive it out on disc or you can install a program such as Virtualbox to run Android in a virtual environment on your main operating system.

Steps:

Go to the Live-Android website.

Download the ISO file.

Using a software such as ImgBurn create a bootable disc.

Put the disc into your personal computer CD/DVD drive. Run the CD to test drive Android.

Warning!

Google acknowledges that Android is not a fully fledged operating system for your personal computer. Don't attempt to replace your operating system with Android -- . Yet! Eventually Google will release Android as an operating system that is capable of powering your laptop or desktop computer

This CD is a great tool to test out whether or not you will like Android on a large screen. So even if you have Android already installed on a phone, and you are looking to see if you will like to have an Android tablet, this CD is for you.

Via Associated Content

Last edited:

uplade3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Apr 29, 2011
This is just there so that people can get used to android. That's why I posted it now even though it is quite out-dated. My goal is to get more android tablet users. :)

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk! Eat that Apple!

OffWorld

Oct 5, 2010
Yes, Android-x86 is probably a better way to go as there is a Gingerbread branch available. If I recall correctly AndroidLive is stuck back on Android 1.6!