Android Market Download Error

goldshirt9

Nov 4, 2010
for the past 2 days my tablet fails to download from the android market.
i can assess and click to download application's, but
all that happens is that they appear to download and look like they are downloading
but fail do do anything.

i have googled and have found amonst others

1. Press the Menu button and navigate to Settings > Applications > Manage Applications
  2. Select Gmail and then press the “Clear Data” button
  3. Go back and choose Gmail Storage, and then press Clear Data
  4. Go back and choose Google Apps, and then press Clear Cache
but to no avail

anyone else have problems
link to tablet i have
New 7 inch Android Tablet PC. IROBOT. ROCKCHIP UK Stock on eBay (end time 01-Dec-10 11:11:55 GMT)

hoben02

Nov 10, 2010
just to make sure in the "settings" icon under the "sd card & device storage settings" it still recognizes the sd card

hoben02

Nov 10, 2010
Have you been able to download apps from the market before

first i have a zenithink zt-180. i ended up finding the instructions to update firmware to 1020 so i could get android market. since then i've downloaded a couple of dozen apps from the android market.
the only issues i had was that i took out my sd card without doing the unmount and then i could no longer download anything because the card was not recognized. after removing and pushing it did finally recognize the sd card again and i continued my downloading from the android market

goldshirt9

Nov 4, 2010
just to make sure in the "settings" icon under the "sd card & device storage settings" it still recognizes the sd card

i have only just received my sd card today.
i did think that a card may be required.

Have you been able to download apps from the market before

no problems downloading (except ones that wont install )
only started 2 days ago.

first i have a zenithink zt-180. i ended up finding the instructions to update firmware to 1020 so i could get android market. since then i've downloaded a couple of dozen apps from the android market.
the only issues i had was that i took out my sd card without doing the unmount and then i could no longer download anything because the card was not recognized. after removing and pushing it did finally recognize the sd card again and i continued my downloading from the android market

will try my sd card out see if that makes a difference

Last edited:

goldshirt9

Nov 4, 2010
inserting the sd card makes no difference.

have formatted and played movies from it but it will not download from market

hoben02

Nov 10, 2010
there were other postings in the forum about checking to make sure your date and time was setup properly and that you had specific ports on the wifi setup correctly

goldshirt9

Nov 4, 2010
i have previously downloaded from the market and on my wireless router.

i can download kindle books and wallpaper from the internet so i know its market specific

hoben02

Nov 10, 2010
well then as a last resort do you have "reset" switch it will not erase anything on your tablet but will reset to factory standards.

hoben02

Nov 10, 2010
yeah, on my tablet its a small hole big enough to allow a paper clip. does the instruction manual say anything.

goldshirt9

Nov 4, 2010
found out thats the microphone :)

back to square one i think.

i know its to do with market only .
so i may make another google account and try again.

i assume the market password in stored on my pad so i will look into deleting and
enter the new password.

goldshirt9

Nov 4, 2010
i run 2.1. o/system.
i could download and with my second tablet can still down load from the market !!
next option is to remove every apk
that i have on my tablet until it is the same as my second tablet, so they are the same to see if one of the apk's is blocking me.

if anyone else has this problem post your apks to see if they compare .