Android Market for 7024

dave52355

Dec 11, 2010
Do we still need to root and install the market now?
Web-based Android Market Looks Good - PCWorld

Web based market works great on my Droid 2. I have not been able to send anything from web based to my 7024. I could be wrong, but I believe you still need a functional Android market even with the web based.

On another note, I have not installed market on my 7024. So far between the market that came with my tablet, some creative web searching and Dropbox I have been able to install all the applications I've needed or wanted. I personally won't be installing Android market until I find a needed app that can't be installed another way.

dave52355

Dec 11, 2010
Very strange, Try home + power you will see something about upgrading at the top of the screen. Soon as you see upgrading..... release the power button but continue to hold the home button. It should go to restore to factory.

psphacker06

Mar 14, 2011
Very strange, Try home + power you will see something about upgrading at the top of the screen. Soon as you see upgrading..... release the power button but continue to hold the home button. It should go to restore to factory.
Same thing =[, Im telling you this thing messed up my whole tablet!

Is there is anyway that you could give me the "Image" From your tablet and i put it on my SD?

Last edited:

dave52355

Dec 11, 2010
We don't have any images yet. Sorry, I have notes from coby tech support regarding the key sequence I am trying to locate them. What exactly did you do?

psphacker06

Mar 14, 2011
We don't have any images yet. Sorry, I have notes from coby tech support regarding the key sequence I am trying to locate them. What exactly did you do?

Followed this STEP by STEP, Never had a problem like this with teh 7015, But After i reboot, The coby thing came up, the the animated android, and then it stopped half way and now wont get past the Coby LOGO. WHAT DO I DO !? =[

dave52355

Dec 11, 2010
Followed this STEP by STEP, Never had a problem like this with teh 7015, But After i reboot, The coby thing came up, the the animated android, and then it stopped half way and now wont get past the Coby LOGO. WHAT DO I DO !? =[

Sorry I can't find my notes ( I think I wrote them on the back of my grandson's homework ) I do know that it was a key combination where you hold power + up till you get the upgrade message than release the power button while holding the up. I would try this with power + up, power + down and power + home. I know on my 7024 I got to factory reset by power + home ( round button ) but it might of been a fluke.

If push comes to shove you could call coby tech support in the morning.

Good luck

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011
You don't install the apps you copy them into /System/App/ folder. Than reboot the tablet and they should appear. You might need to uninstall the ones you installed than copy the apps from your SD card.

i actually did that 5 times (z4root - permanent root-> copy to internal sdcard-> move to system\apps the 4 apk using root explorer ->reboot) and nothing happen no market icon in the apps folder after reboot...
so after the last reboot and nothing happen i just manually install the 4 apk although networklocations.apk didnt install then i tried running market it force close..reboot again..then try running again..it works :) the only thing not really working is the progress bar..

psphacker06

Mar 14, 2011
Contacted Coby, They said the OS is friend and they "do not"(ya right) have the OS image.... Called amazon, and i will be returning this 1 and they will send me a new 1.

BEWARE PEOPLE, THIS IS VERY DANGEROUS! USE AT YOUR OWN RISK