Android Market for 7024

psphacker06

Mar 14, 2011
Just got a call from them, saying its out of stock.... So i had to reorder it from another place... $300+ already gone, waiting for teh shipping label to return the first 1

Luca Brasi

Mar 26, 2011
I did finally get the market running on mine, after a few attempts i installed the four apps from my exsdcard less the networklocation apk i just copied that one where it needed to go and rebooted with full market working, did not work for me by just copying the files over to the system/apps folder.

Apr 30, 2011
Does anyone have a good link to download Root Explorer? Searching Filestube probably isn't the safest plan...

zentsang

Apr 11, 2011
Just got a call from them, saying its out of stock.... So i had to reorder it from another place... $300+ already gone, waiting for teh shipping label to return the first 1

psphacker06,

I read through this whole thread and saw your troubles and the things you tried. Not sure if you still have the device handy... but when mine locked up like that... I experienced the same thing you did. It continually said it couldn't find the image. That is until I removed my external SD card. Once it was just the device itself with no external SD card... holding Power + Home (silver circle button) brought me to the "System Upgrade Activated" Coby screen ... as soon as I saw those words, I released the buttons. The Coby screen blinked and I have a prompt at the top of the screen to either cancel or kick off the upgrade. I used the buttons to choose the upgrade/partition and it flashed a recovery image of some sort. It then rebooted and I was back to a "fresh out of the box" state.

I also believe Power +Volume Down results in the same "System Upgrade Activated" state.

Then I got a little excited knowing the 7024 had this built in recovery ability aand tried to flash ClockworkMod (CWM) onto it by renaming the CWM file to "recovery.img" and running the same upgrade process off my external SD card. Yeah... I have no recovery ability on the Coby now. Ooops! We (Dave and I) have yet to find the official recovery image on the device. It seems to be buried or hidden deep in the system. If we could find that, then a proper hack can be made. But seeing how me renaming the CWM to "recovery.img" definitely flashed something... albeit a failed flash... the official "recovery.img" has got to be on the system somewhere. My 7024 still functions fine... I just don't have the recovery ability anymore.

At any rate... I'd be interested in knowing if removing the external SD card (assuming you have one) and running the system upgrade again still tells you it can't find the image.

-ZenTsang

psphacker06

Mar 14, 2011
psphacker06,

I read through this whole thread and saw your troubles and the things you tried. Not sure if you still have the device handy... but when mine locked up like that... I experienced the same thing you did. It continually said it couldn't find the image. That is until I removed my external SD card. Once it was just the device itself with no external SD card... holding Power + Home (silver circle button) brought me to the "System Upgrade Activated" Coby screen ... as soon as I saw those words, I released the buttons. The Coby screen blinked and I have a prompt at the top of the screen to either cancel or kick off the upgrade. I used the buttons to choose the upgrade/partition and it flashed a recovery image of some sort. It then rebooted and I was back to a "fresh out of the box" state.

I also believe Power +Volume Down results in the same "System Upgrade Activated" state.

Then I got a little excited knowing the 7024 had this built in recovery ability aand tried to flash ClockworkMod (CWM) onto it by renaming the CWM file to "recovery.img" and running the same upgrade process off my external SD card. Yeah... I have no recovery ability on the Coby now. Ooops! We (Dave and I) have yet to find the official recovery image on the device. It seems to be buried or hidden deep in the system. If we could find that, then a proper hack can be made. But seeing how me renaming the CWM to "recovery.img" definitely flashed something... albeit a failed flash... the official "recovery.img" has got to be on the system somewhere. My 7024 still functions fine... I just don't have the recovery ability anymore.

At any rate... I'd be interested in knowing if removing the external SD card (assuming you have one) and running the system upgrade again still tells you it can't find the image.

-ZenTsang
I dont have it anymore, but yes i tried it with the micro SD. No luck. My whole recovery was messed up

Nychus

May 3, 2011
the URL noted on the first post directs you to a .exe download manager. NOT a .zip file. What gives?

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011
@Nychus
im getting the ZIP file..maybe your clicking the wrong link. But this is a old market. try the other thread its a newer version and much simpler to install.

Nychus

May 3, 2011
@Nychus
im getting the ZIP file..maybe your clicking the wrong link. But this is a old market. try the other thread its a newer version and much simpler to install.

so the "file ape" data verification dialog box is a fake link to some adware. be ware,. the countdown to download on firefox takes you right to file ape.. on IE8,.. if you wait on the provided url's splash page,.. you get a "download ready click here" link, that is simply not there in firefox.

i have the zip file.

cheers.

fun as always.

Nychus

May 3, 2011
worked first try. no issues. for all those who bricked. can you recap what you did step by step.?

deansdad

May 10, 2011
dave,

Long time (relatively) lurker, brand new UID.
First, THANKS for the insights you all have (unknowingly) furnished to date.
After weeks of pondering, I'm finally ready to pull the trigger - I'm convinced (thanks to this site) 99% Coby 7015 or 7024 (remaining 1% = "fallback position" @ NookColor).

7024 is 1st choice, but.....
#1 reason for tablet is to plop "Google Translator for Android" on for upcoming trip.
Being a droidnewbie, I'm guessing that this will require a fully functioning "Market" to obtain/install.
So...in addition to learning a new OS I really don't need the added excitement of an "alteration" which appears to have met with something less than unanimous success<g>.

Simple (and probably most logical) solution would be to go with 7015 or NC - but the 24 is calling me.

When I read your post about being able to use the market on the 24 that cast a new light.
If it isn't too much of an imposition could I ask you to check and see if it is possible to obtain Translator using your method?
Here's a link to the info page:
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.google.android.apps.translate

Assuming it is, I'll be ordering the 7024 (unless you or others were to advise a better alternative).

Thanks in Advance

dave52355

Dec 11, 2010
dave,

Long time (relatively) lurker, brand new UID.
First, THANKS for the insights you all have (unknowingly) furnished to date.
After weeks of pondering, I'm finally ready to pull the trigger - I'm convinced (thanks to this site) 99% Coby 7015 or 7024 (remaining 1% = "fallback position" @ NookColor).

7024 is 1st choice, but.....
#1 reason for tablet is to plop "Google Translator for Android" on for upcoming trip.
Being a droidnewbie, I'm guessing that this will require a fully functioning "Market" to obtain/install.
So...in addition to learning a new OS I really don't need the added excitement of an "alteration" which appears to have met with something less than unanimous success<g>.

Simple (and probably most logical) solution would be to go with 7015 or NC - but the 24 is calling me.

When I read your post about being able to use the market on the 24 that cast a new light.
If it isn't too much of an imposition could I ask you to check and see if it is possible to obtain Translator using your method?
Here's a link to the info page:
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.google.android.apps.translate

Assuming it is, I'll be ordering the 7024 (unless you or others were to advise a better alternative).

Thanks in Advance

Not sure if this was directed at me, but I myself have not installed the market fix. My 7024 is running everything I need/want without using Google Market. I've even ran SPB 3D and changed the whole desktop looks. Very cool app, but expensive. Perhaps someone who has successfully installed Google Market would be willing to install the translator and test it out for you.

Good luck, and have a safe trip.

dave52355

Dec 11, 2010
I took a look at the market that comes with the 7024 there are 4-5 translate apps including googles.

Sent from my MID7024 using Android Tablet Forum

deansdad

May 10, 2011
Dave;

Thanks so much for your efforts.
I'm a little confused though when you say "...there are 4-5 translate apps INCLUDING GOOGLES."
Are you saying that the exact same app (Google Translate for Android) is available via the market that comes with the 7024?
The Google Translate really is quite different than most of the others (especially in speech recognition) and from the research I've done, THE one I want.
Sorry to be such a nitpicker but as I said, this is my primary reason for going droid right now.

While it would be appreciated if someone who has installed Google Market would check, I'm really hoping that it is, in fact, the same app available via the market installed with 7024. That would save me the aggravation of installing GM.

Thanks again for the assistance