Android Market for 7024

tobyw01

Sep 28, 2010
OK - I figured this out. Everything is working - Market (old version), Gmail, Gmail sync, Calendar sync & Contacts sync. I installed the below list of APKs from CyanogenMod 6. Go to the following link:

Latest Version - CyanogenMod Wiki

Scroll down to the bottom to the Google Apps Version section. Under the HDPI column for CyanogenMod 6 download the zip file from the Mirror link (the download link goes to a site that contains a virus (detected by my Avast)). The zip file is named "gapps-hdpi-20101114-signed.zip"

Grab the following APKs from the zip file and install from your external SD card. I do not think the order matters:

Vending.apk (this is the old market)
MarketUpdater.apk
GoogleServicesFramework.apk
GoogleContactsSyncAdapter.apk
GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter.apk
Gmail.apk (once you get into the Market, you will be prompted to install the update)
NetworkLocation.apk (this installed but "my location" is still not working in Google Maps)

I've tried you method. SO far its gotten the most working but I cannot get market working. Google Services framework still crashes . I can open Market but downloads never start. too frustrating. I think it may be a system file or something else I'm missing.

mp34me

May 15, 2011
I've tried you method. SO far its gotten the most working but I cannot get market working. Google Services framework still crashes . I can open Market but downloads never start. too frustrating. I think it may be a system file or something else I'm missing.

About a missing system file could be due to two reasons I can think of:

1. The tablet was rooted and the system file was inadvertently deleted.
2. Different Kernel or Build number versions.

I did not root my tablet. Under Settings -> About device, my Kernel and Build versions are:

Kernel:
MID Serials #1286 Thu Mar 10 10:37:27 CST 2011 nand

Build number
MID Serials 2.2 FRF91 20110310.104000

Jun 11, 2011
can someone help me. i am an android noob and i dont understand too much the info. on this forum.
i want to have the android market on my kyros but i cant understand the steps. can someone give me some clear step by step guide and download links, thanks

tobyw01

Sep 28, 2010

I did not root my tablet. Under Settings -> About device, my Kernel and Build versions are:

Kernel:

Build number

I have the same build number and kernel. Any clue what system file is missing. My tablet is rooted. I did several factory resets and still the same problem. Oddly it always retains my network settings after a factory reset.

Sent from EVO 4G using Tapatalk.

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011

Kernel:

Build number

i also have the same build and kernel, google market is working properly. its manually rooted now using the instruction found here.

glhdesigns

Jun 15, 2011
OK - I figured this out. Everything is working - Market (old version), Gmail, Gmail sync, Calendar sync & Contacts sync. I installed the below list of APKs from CyanogenMod 6. Go to the following link:

Scroll down to the bottom to the Google Apps Version section. Under the HDPI column for CyanogenMod 6 download the zip file from the Mirror link (the download link goes to a site that contains a virus (detected by my Avast)). The zip file is named "gapps-hdpi-20101114-signed.zip"

Grab the following APKs from the zip file and install from your external SD card. I do not think the order matters:

MarketUpdater.apk
Gmail.apk (once you get into the Market, you will be prompted to install the update)
NetworkLocation.apk (this installed but "my location" is still not working in Google Maps)

Thanks! Worked like a charm. Only thing I would add is it took a shutdown->restart cycle after doing the installs.

cornell

Jun 13, 2011
don't bother with 'rooting' if you just want the android market (just my opinion). Also, i think anyone can see that even though most of us are using the 7024, your mileage may vary whether this works or not. This is what worked for me.

Download the market_update0.zip file from the fileape link in the first post. It is a real link but you have to wait for the countdown to finish and the download link to appear (if more than one download link appears, choose the one with white background, outlined in light gray, and black text). If you don't click on the link within a few seconds, it times out - apparently. Took me several tries to successfully download it. Unzip/extract the files to your computer or directly to your microsdhc memory card. Some say to copy the 4 files in the /system/app folder of the extracted file to the /system/app folder of your kyros, reboot and you will have the market. The 4 files are 'googleservicesframework.apk', 'marketupdater.apk', 'networklocation.apk', and 'vending.apk'. Some indicated they installed the files rather than simply copy them over. That's the way i did it. I extracted them to my microsdhc card, made sure my 7024 was completely off (not just sleeping), and then inserted the card and turned the unit on.

I used the built in file manager to navigate to the directory on the external memory and i proceeded to install the files in this order (truthfully, i don't think it matters):

1. Vending.apk (rebooted)
2. Marketupdater.apk (rebooted)
3. Googleservicesframework.apk (rebooted)

the market icon was added and i proceeded to add my gmail account during the initial setup. I made sure the background data and auto-sync settings were checked as mentioned in another post. Seems to work so far on my 7024 as i have installed 4 different things now.

thank you very much sir!

Chanimob

Jun 17, 2011

MarketUpdater.apk

Edit June 11 2010:

Make sure to first uninstall the following from previous posts:

1. Vending.apk
2. MarketUpdater.apk
3. GoogleServicesFramework.apk

Also any APK I've listed above (from CyanogenMod 6) that is installed and not from "gapps-hdpi-20101114-signed.zip" should be uninstalled.

Tried everything in this post and nothing seems to work. Market actually installed on my Coby Kyros 7020 but it won't run, it gives me a message about needing to force close and I have no options aside from clicking force close... any1 knows whats going on? I'd appreciate any help

girlperson1

May 21, 2011
Install Z4Root

Run it. Even though it doesn't do a full root it does enough for the Market.

Install Root Explorer

Go to this website

fileape » download

download the zip file to your computer

Extract the zip file

Copy all the aps that are in the system/App folder to your SDCARD

Use root explorer and move just the apps into

/System/App

Shutdown the device turn it back on

You will have the Market

It is the older market but once it connects to the internet it will auto update to the latest one.

Enjoy :)

Jason

I finally got it installed but now I try to log into it using my google account and the first screen I see says: "Your phone needs to communicate with Google servers to set up your account. This may take up to five minutes. After a few minutes I get: "Can't establish a reliable data connection with server. This could be a temporary problem or your phone may not be provisioned for data services. It if continues, call Customer Care.

Anyone have any idea what this means and how I can get around it? Thanks all!

I found the solution, I had to turn on Auto sync and Background Data. Thanks All!

Last edited:

girlperson1

May 21, 2011
I tried to install/update skype from google market and it seems that google market knows that I am using a 7024 with T-Mobile albiet I'm not on T-Mo, I'm wi-fi only. Any way around this?

lockhartt

Jul 11, 2011
Same here... is the device ID/info editable?

Can't run the app I created :/

I tried to install/update skype from google market and it seems that google market knows that I am using a 7024 with T-Mobile albiet I'm not on T-Mo, I'm wi-fi only. Any way around this?

Octanum

Jul 10, 2011
Don't bother with 'rooting' if you just want the Android Market (just my opinion). Also, I think anyone can see that even though most of us are using the 7024, your mileage may vary whether this works or not. This is what worked for me.

Download the market_update0.zip file from the fileape link in the first post. It is a real link but you have to wait for the countdown to finish and the download link to appear (if more than one download link appears, choose the one with white background, outlined in light gray, and black text). If you don't click on the link within a few seconds, it times out - apparently. Took me several tries to successfully download it. Unzip/extract the files to your computer or directly to your MicroSDHC memory card. Some say to copy the 4 files in the /system/app folder of the extracted file to the /system/app folder of your Kyros, reboot and you will have the market. The 4 files are 'GoogleServicesFramework.apk', 'MarketUpdater.apk', 'NetworkLocation.apk', and 'Vending.apk'. Some indicated they installed the files rather than simply copy them over. That's the way I did it. I extracted them to my MicroSDHC card, made sure my 7024 was completely off (not just sleeping), and then inserted the card and turned the unit on.

I used the built in file manager to navigate to the directory on the external memory and I proceeded to install the files in this order (truthfully, I don't think it matters):

1. Vending.apk (rebooted)
2. MarketUpdater.apk (rebooted)
3. GoogleServicesFramework.apk (rebooted)

The Market icon was added and I proceeded to add my gmail account during the initial setup. I made sure the Background Data and Auto-sync settings were checked as mentioned in another post. Seems to work so far on my 7024 as I have installed 4 different things now.

Confirmed partially working on my MID8024 as well. What I didn't know was that you needed the exact files from that post. I had some other GoogleServicesFramework that simply said it couldn't install.

Anyways, what I did was your steps, however, the MarketUpdater eventually started to crash (when it attempted to update the market I assume?). Eventually, I found a newer market apk (2.2.6 I think) and installed that. Since MarketUpdater still wasn't working, I eventually decided to uninstall it. Now I'm left with having to manually update the market, but no big deal.

Anyways, I'm left with just GoogleServicesFramework and the newer market. I should update the market to something higher than 2.2.6 though, since I think that's out of date by now. Regardless, pretty sure you can install just those two (and I guess restart after every install if it matters) and it should work fine.

HelenOfDroid

Jul 29, 2011
Thanks!

Worked for me on my daughter's Coby Kyros MID8024.

The tablet was right out of the box, so no custom installs prior to mp34me's instructions.

MarketUpdater.apk

Edit June 11 2010:

Make sure to first uninstall the following from previous posts:

1. Vending.apk
2. MarketUpdater.apk
3. GoogleServicesFramework.apk

Also any APK I've listed above (from CyanogenMod 6) that is installed and not from "gapps-hdpi-20101114-signed.zip" should be uninstalled.

Jul 31, 2011
just got a coby kyros 7024 internet tablet... had android but no android market downlaoded the zip file from the fist post installed the files and got android market...