Android Market for 7024

frankdick

Aug 2, 2011
I was able to get 7016 on google market... just went into boot, update from sd card, unzipped the googleupdater (of your choosing) it booted up, I logged in... things weren't as fast, but I got tenacious with the sd card... when it was taking too long, I'd turn the sync on or off, or just jar it into some activity... and it works fine. I have the apps I want on my kyros anyway. I do wish I could oclock it, but a roto rooter will come along in time by a genius geek out there... the lengths we'll go to to get xrated material on these things is astounding really... thanks ahead of time. ;)

Goatboy

Aug 3, 2011
I used the USB cable and moved the unzipped files from my computer directly to the tablet, then I installed them. After about 2 hours of fussing, I managed to get Android Market installed and an account set up on my 7016. But, when I try to install any apps, I get a message that says:

The application Market (process com.android.vending) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

Then I am offered only a forced close. Any ideas? Would it pay to try reinstalling some of the files?

Goatboy

Aug 3, 2011
Okay, I kept trying and I now have marketplace functioning most of the time. I'm still unable to download because the market says it is downloading, but nothing is ever download.

ronster1885

Aug 7, 2011
Okay, I kept trying and I now have marketplace functioning most of the time. I'm still unable to download because the market says it is downloading, but nothing is ever download.

I've also have done the same thing, downloaded installed the gapps hdpi pack
I have the market open, I cannot download anything, it acts like its downloading, just stays in that progress mode, any ideas? should I have to update a newer market.apk? thanks in advanced

weezyrider

Jul 29, 2011
I'm trying this on my 7024 - vending.apk won't install, and for some reason I don't see the apk files on the sd card on the 7024. They are there, apk installer found them, but they don't list on the file explorer. I've got them in a folder marked downloads. Do you need a special folder? I did get to market, but can't download.

MIG

Nov 21, 2011
Would this work for the Colby MID7120 tablet? Been trying everything that the forum had offerd and yet nothing seem to work. I managed to dwnload the android market but it keeps asking that I must add an account to the device, in which I already have an account w market n google.

vmathews3

Nov 30, 2011
Hi, I hope this gets to you. I did as you say in your post. However, the only file in the system/app folder is called Vending.apk

I can see all the files on my sd card and hd but I can't see a /System/App
Can you please tell me how I find it?
Oh, I am a newbie and so please use really simple terms and no initials. I don't know any except the ones I used.

GramGinny

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Hi, I hope this gets to you. I did as you say in your post. However, the only file in the system/app folder is called Vending.apk

I can see all the files on my sd card and hd but I can't see a /System/App
Can you please tell me how I find it?
Oh, I am a newbie and so please use really simple terms and no initials. I don't know any except the ones I used.

Hi. Are you sure your have a 7024? You should see more files in /system/app. What do you see in Settings -> About device?

Anyway, if you installed Vending.apk and it's not working, you may need to do this:
- uninstall (or delete) Vending.apk. Do the same with other Google-related files if you have installed them manually;
- reboot tablet;
- install GoogleServicesFramework from the same package (if you have stock 7024 then you need 2.2 version)
- install other files like Vending.apk and reboot tablet.

You should be able to add a Google account in order to use Market now.

vmathews3

Nov 30, 2011
Hi Jason,

Could you please tell me how to do this part?

Copy all the aps that are in the system/App folder to your SDCARD

Use root explorer and move just the apps into ....where is this part? on my device or the sd card? then where on which ever place is correct?

/System/App

I would appreciate some help. I have been at this for weeks with little progress. I have rooted with zRoot, and I can watch utube now but no connect to google. Won't connect to server; no device registered; password protected etc. are some of the messages I get.

Thanks,
Ginny

DougOwens

Dec 1, 2011
I am having the same problem as others. I followed all of the instruction, and the Android Market is visible on my tablet. When selecting an app to install, the progress bar displays "Starting download..." as if it's downloading, but it constantly shows the bar, with no progress. Nothing is downloading. Is there a fix for this issue?

Thank you -

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
I am having the same problem as others. I followed all of the instruction, and the Android Market is visible on my tablet. When selecting an app to install, the progress bar displays "Starting download..." as if it's downloading, but it constantly shows the bar, with no progress. Nothing is downloading. Is there a fix for this issue?

Try this:
- go to Settings -> Applications -> All
- look for GoogleServicesFramework and Market, open each of them, click on "Clear data"
- reboot your tablet
- try using Market again.

DougOwens

Dec 1, 2011
Try this:
- go to Settings -> Applications -> All
- look for GoogleServicesFramework and Market, open each of them, click on "Clear data"
- reboot your tablet
- try using Market again.

Unfortunately this didn't fix it. I can get into the market and search fine. It's when I start to download an app, a window pops up and states "The application Market (process com.android.vending) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." With a Force Close option.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Then you probably have a broken apk or one that isn't compatible with your Android OS version. I suggest that you uninstall and try installing another package.

Mikerod

Dec 18, 2011
I followed the instructions twice on two new mid 7024's and they both worked the first time. Once the Market is installed, go back to appslib and search Android Market. They provide the new update, and you will have the NEW market which will replace the old one you installed.