android market not working - WM 8650

EliseB

Dec 29, 2011
Hi everyone,

Both of my kids received Android Tablets for Christmas. They are Model # M706B. I followed all directions and after connecting to wifi, and logging into their google accounts, and finally agreeing to the market terms of use, they can not download anything from the market. They click on a game they want to download and we get a message saying "google talk authentication failed" and then we get a message that the download was unsuccessful. I have tried doing factory resets, and have searched everywhere I can think of for suggestions on how to fix it. I can't find anything.
Any help would be appreciated.

Here is further information about their tablets:

Model # - WonderMedia WM 8650
Android Version - 2.2
Kernel Version - 2.6.32.9-default
Build Number - generic-eng2.2 Froyo Ver1.5.3-20110819.052300

It also says that the system is up to date.

Being an Android Tablet, not having access to any of the apps in the store is really getting annoying. The one thing that should have worked from the get-go should be the app store. I can't fathom why it doesn't.

Thanks to anyone who helps....

Elise

tumpy

Dec 15, 2010
Only tablet that is sanction by google have a working market out of the box, haveing an android tablet has nothing to do with google market, we bought two boss tablet for our grand kids which are wonder media base tablets the 8650 model and they come with android market but still cannot download apps always an unsuccessful download, you can always go to getjar for apps. your spec is identical to my boss tablet..

EliseB

Dec 29, 2011
That is the problem. I am using an Android tablet.. and am trying to use the Android market. As far as I know I'm not using anything from Google....

I click on the Android market icon, it has me agree to the Android market terms of use, then I get the message of Google Talk authentication failing.

I hope someone knows how to get the Android market to work on this Android tablet, or it is completely useless.

I might just call the helpline number on the back of the instruction manual to see if they know how to fix it.

Elise

tonylee1971

Dec 28, 2011
i had the same problem i rebooted but i could not find google talk. i wnet into my sd card on my andriod and looked in the back up file and found talk app and clicked on it and in stalled it and it is running ok now. if you are still can not find google talk app send me a message and i will see if i can help by sending you talk app:)

Magics_Italy

Dec 30, 2011
Hi try of download this for WM8650 1.5.3 Tablet firmware

istruzioni ripristino market _android.pdf - 4shared.com - document sharing - download

Is in italian, but you can copy and translate, if you do not have success, but i think of yes, then the last is this below:

Reinstall market

market4android22.rar - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

use winrar only from here : Download Winrar in Italiano – Download HTML.it

Downaload this market4android22.rar - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

copy the folder into a microsd and insert in the Tablet
From File browser click on : " install.sh "
Await 30-40 second, not appear nothig on LCD
Try of launch Market and see if run

Any reply is appreciate !!

Bye Bye from Italy

EliseB

Dec 29, 2011
BCL- My mother bought them from Amazon.... Not a drug store, and not unreliable..... Not even sure what I said to make you think that we got some chinese hack off tablet that was under $100 from a drug store. I also don't know how you know me well enough to know what I can and can not do with electronic devices. You sound like a very negative person who seems to have some personal issues, so please, if you have nothing helpful to say, refrain from posting a reply. This forum is to gain help, not to have to read insignificant posts from someone who has nothing nice to say.

EliseB

Dec 29, 2011
Thank you, I'll give it a try, I'll let you know if it works...

It is all working now! Thankfully!!

Thank you to everyone who posted suggestions... I appreciate it!

Happy New Year!

Elise

Last edited:

tworthy

Jan 1, 2012
Hey I have been looking everywhere and trying everything to fix the same exact problem you were having. And what's better my mother bought the same model for my daughter! If you could tell me what you did to fix this I would really appreciate it! thank you!

Oh and really what's wrong with a kid getting a tablet? Its inexpensive enough that I don't mind her using it herself, I'm not in constant fear that she's going to drop it, etc. But enough money was spent on it, that it should do what it was supposed to do (and obviously does since I had to search for over a week to find anyone with the same problem). She gets to have all of the same stuff that I have on my droid that she's constantly taking to play with...I don't see what's wrong with this, or why it should bother anyone else.

Jan 1, 2012
Hi, I am a grandmother who purchased my granddaughter the same google android tablet from amazon. There is absolutely nothing wrong with a child owning a tablet as their first "computer". I consider them a gaming device and a learning tool all in one (if we can get it working right). We are having the same problem, and my baby is not able to enjoy her favorite Christmas gift :( Can you please post how you was able to get it working correctly.

u2synergy

Jan 1, 2012
Elise, please tell me how you fixed the problem. I am having the same issue with the exact same tablet. I know it has to be modified to work on the marketplace but I just need the steps to know how. Thanks.

mowky

Jan 3, 2012
Thank you, I'll give it a try, I'll let you know if it works...

It is all working now! Thankfully!!

Thank you to everyone who posted suggestions... I appreciate it!

Happy New Year!

Elise

Elise,
What exactly did you do to remedy this problem? I am still having problems no matter where I go the make and model is not recognized.
I would like to download a few games and apps for my daughter.
Thank you in advance.
Mark

barnesbob

Dec 12, 2011
I rang the number on my WM8650 Android 2.2 and was surprised at the curteous service and help.. I was emailed the latest firmware upgrade in a Zipped folder downloaded the necessary components within the file once unzipped and it performed perfectly, by the way I had lost everything and the tablet had died.

barnesbob

Dec 12, 2011
[FONT=&quot]This may help

Please check that you have at the root of the memory card[/FONT]

1. A folder call “FirmwareInstall”
2. A file call “wmt_scriptcmd”
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Please see below for instruction to update to latest firmware.[/FONT]
1. Download this zip file. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11562405/070b_vt1609_V1.5.5_double_1102.rar
2. Unzip it and copy the files in the unzipped folder on to a micro-SD card.
3. Turn the tablet power off if not already off.
4. Insert the micro SD card in the slot.
5. Turn the power on.
6. The tablet will automatically go into firmware upgrade.
7. Remove the micro SD card after it finish upgrade, then the tablet will reboot itself.
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

yogacarol

Jan 4, 2012
I can only hear sound with headphones on my WM8650 tablet. How do I get the sound without the headphones? I have checked all the settings
and they all seem correct.

brian.reed

Jan 24, 2012
I am having all of those same issues. I've looked it up or tried to anyways and as far as I can tell there is no way to fix this issue completely. Ibelieve that the tablet itslef is just a bad buy and goggle doesn't support it. Its just a tablet with a cell phone operating system.