Android market online problem on Archos 101

Discussion in 'Archos Tablets' started by JoSCh, Jul 3, 2011.

1. JoSCh

JoSCh Member

Probably a newb question, but should I be able to download apps via the browser on my Archos 101? When I go to market.android.com and log in with my google account and try to install, it looks like I'd be able to get apps, but when I click "install" nothing happens. No errors, but no download/install either. It just sits there. I'm able to navigate away, but can't download. I've tried with the default browser and with the Dolphin browser. Is there a workaround, am I doing something wrong, or is this a known issue?

I have the "hacked" android market app installed, but the app I'm looking for (E! for my wife NOT FOR ME! >tears) is not available, or at least not readily apparent.

2. zerotiger

zerotiger Member

double check to make sure that the app you are looking for runs on your version of Android.

3. gurgle

gurgle Super Moderator Staff Member

Tablet / Device:
    Better question What don't I own, Oh a generic APAD
    There are many apps which do not readily show up for a number of reasons. One fix is to to the Market fix. This can be simple to complex. Just do a search for Market Fix. It is basically you clear the cached data for Market and another app. Many times I have had to run it to show an app which I knew should be available.

The other potential cause is the E! app is looking for a IMEI and phone number. Then you have to do some other gymnastics. Usually the Market Fix does the trick though.