Android Market redesign

Discussion in 'Android Tablet News' started by pbrauer, Dec 11, 2010.

1. pbrauer

pbrauer Administrator Staff Member

Tablet / Device:
    HTC Thunderbolt, ViewSonic GTab, Huawei S7, Gentouch 78
    [​IMG][​IMG]

The folks over at Mashable have a great writeup on the new market that is coming. Besides a complete redesign there are new rules and features, including a change that app refunds can only be done within 15 minutes of purchase instead of the original 24 hours.

Also included are new sections for widgets and wallpapers.

The update will require Android 1.6 or higher, and is reported to happen within the next couple of weeks.

Check it out at: New Android Market Coming Soon - New Android Market Coming Soon

If you have an Android device already, you can actually preview this. Details at XDA: [APK] New Market [11 dec 2010] - xda-developers

2. Zenya

Zenya Member

thanks for sharing that information, I find the market place time consuming so I use the search function most of the time..
    thanks again for the heads up :)

3. xaueious

xaueious Administrator Staff Member

Tablet / Device:
    Asus Transformer TF300, Huwaei Ideos S7-104, HSG X5A, (Past APAD IMX515, APAD RK2808, RK2818 RT7)
    Well I gave it a run through. Most of the fixes seem to have been visual changes. It actually ends up slowing down the application a little bit more than before. I did not notice the presence of the widgets and wallpapers section.