Android Market

psailae

Jan 6, 2012
For most of the apps I try to download from the market it says that its not supported by my device
however these work fine if I install them from somewhere else. How cn I fix this? My tablet is China
made and runs Android 2.2

And another question pls. How do you close the apps because everything I open remains running.

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
First off how do you know that all your apps remain running? second you could try a market enable they are found in the market and are suppose to let you trick your device into let most apps install

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
Just smiles. This is a problem pretty much everyone is complaining about since Google, in its infinite wisdom, installed the compatibility check in the Market. It probably was done because Google got tired of the complaining from non technical people who downloaded applications that wouldn't run correctly on their stock tablets. Unfortunately, both Google and now Amazon have created a new problem with this. This compatibility check thing doesn't take into account modified tablets that actually are able to run the app. As an example, I have a WM8650 netbook that has been modified with MoDroid 11. One of my favorite apps is Tunein Radio Pro. Both Google's and Amazon's download sites say it is not compatible with my netbook, but I have side loaded it and it runs just fine. In MHO, what Google and Amazon need to do is add an option to their download sites that says, "We have determined that this app is not compatible with your devise. Do you wish to download it anyway at your own risk?". As to closing apps that do not have an "end" built into them, you might want to download "Advanced Task Killer".

PS: You also asked if there was a way around the not compatible thing. Some people have had limited success with changing the screen resolution on their tablets but no, at present there is no reliable way around it. My guess is that it is just a matter of time before someone codes a program that tricks the compatibility checker into thinking your tablet is something other than what it is.

I really like these ideas Google and Amazon need to get on that

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
BCK, I agree with your solution (or really any solution) to the compatibility issue. Talk about annoying.

As far as running apps, you can "close" apps by using the back button to exit the app. Generally speaking Android doesn't work like a pc where you have to close everything. Android will manage the resources and kill apps as needed. Android 2.2 isn't as efficient at this as Android 2.3 and newer so an app killer might be beneficial. Really though you should just let Android do its thing and not worry about "running" apps. If you get a lot of force closes and things are running slowly and you have tracked it to having too many apps competing for resources then an app killer will help.

BuksLady

Jan 4, 2012
Just smiles. This is a problem pretty much everyone is complaining about since Google, in its infinite wisdom, installed the compatibility check in the Market. It probably was done because Google got tired of the complaining from non technical people who downloaded applications that wouldn't run correctly on their stock tablets. Unfortunately, both Google and now Amazon have created a new problem with this. This compatibility check thing doesn't take into account modified tablets that actually are able to run the app. As an example, I have a WM8650 netbook that has been modified with MoDroid 11. One of my favorite apps is Tunein Radio Pro. Both Google's and Amazon's download sites say it is not compatible with my netbook, but I have side loaded it and it runs just fine. In MHO, what Google and Amazon need to do is add an option to their download sites that says, "We have determined that this app is not compatible with your devise. Do you wish to download it anyway at your own risk?". As to closing apps that do not have an "end" built into them, you might want to download "Advanced Task Killer".

PS: You also asked if there was a way around the not compatible thing. Some people have had limited success with changing the screen resolution on their tablets but no, at present there iso no reliable way around it. My guess is that it is just a matter of time before someone codes a program that tricks the compatibility checker into thinking your tablet is something other than what it is.
@
BCK ur funny "just smiles" n u told me "if i got paid for eveytimes this has been asked, id b rich" lol
@
Guy askin this question... i have similr prob. If u go into market that came with tablet search for "apk" an app will come up..download it there aremore apps there also google slideme markets has good apps and amazon.com sign up and go to apps it will bring p apps itll ask for mobilnum or email addres put in email itll email u link thatll download amazon app market u can ge apps on thee alota free apps n paid apps also everyday there one paid app thats free everyday hope this helps

BCK...I SENT U EMAIL CHK IT K LATERZ.

Last edited:

psailae

Jan 6, 2012
I downloaded the amazon appstore and I have another problem. When I rtry to download an ap it says 'appstore not yet available in your region.' Is there a solution to this?

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
I downloaded the amazon appstore and I have another problem. When I rtry to download an ap it says 'appstore not yet available in your region.' Is there a solution to this?

Move to the USA!

So far I believe this is only available in the US currently. I have not tried it, but it may be possible to use a VPN to get a US IP address and make it work.