Android Market

Discussion in 'Android Tablet Apps' started by psailae, Jan 6, 2012.

1. psailae

psailae Member

Tablet / Device:
    China made with android 2.2
    For most of the apps I try to download from the market it says that its not supported by my device
    however these work fine if I install them from somewhere else. How cn I fix this? My tablet is China
    made and runs Android 2.2

And another question pls. How do you close the apps because everything I open remains running.

2. probbiethe1

probbiethe1 Super Moderator Staff Member

First off how do you know that all your apps remain running? second you could try a market enable they are found in the market and are suppose to let you trick your device into let most apps install

3. probbiethe1

probbiethe1 Super Moderator Staff Member

I really like these ideas Google and Amazon need to get on that

4. J515OP

J515OP Super Moderator Staff Member

Tablet / Device:
    Nook Color, Nook Tablet 16GB, Vizio VTab, Nexus 7
    BCK, I agree with your solution (or really any solution) to the compatibility issue. Talk about annoying.

As far as running apps, you can "close" apps by using the back button to exit the app. Generally speaking Android doesn't work like a pc where you have to close everything. Android will manage the resources and kill apps as needed. Android 2.2 isn't as efficient at this as Android 2.3 and newer so an app killer might be beneficial. Really though you should just let Android do its thing and not worry about "running" apps. If you get a lot of force closes and things are running slowly and you have tracked it to having too many apps competing for resources then an app killer will help.

5. BuksLady

BuksLady Member

Tablet / Device:
    android mid 2.2
    @
    BCK ur funny "just smiles" n u told me "if i got paid for eveytimes this has been asked, id b rich" lol
    @
    Guy askin this question... i have similr prob. If u go into market that came with tablet search for "apk" an app will come up..download it there aremore apps there also google slideme markets has good apps and amazon.com sign up and go to apps it will bring p apps itll ask for mobilnum or email addres put in email itll email u link thatll download amazon app market u can ge apps on thee alota free apps n paid apps also everyday there one paid app thats free everyday hope this helps

BCK...I SENT U EMAIL CHK IT K LATERZ.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2012
  6. psailae

psailae Member

Tablet / Device:
    China made with android 2.2
    I downloaded the amazon appstore and I have another problem. When I rtry to download an ap it says 'appstore not yet available in your region.' Is there a solution to this?

7. Frederuco

Frederuco Super Moderator Staff Member

Tablet / Device:
    ASUS TF101
    Move to the USA!

So far I believe this is only available in the US currently. I have not tried it, but it may be possible to use a VPN to get a US IP address and make it work.