Android Marketplace

Discussion in 'Creative Tablets' started by MikeTodd, Apr 1, 2011.

1. MikeTodd

MikeTodd Member

Tablet / Device:
    Dell Axim x51v windows mobile 6.1
    I just received my new Ziio 7" with Android 2.2 loaded. Has anyone tried to load android marketplace. I know Creative states I can get programs elsewhere.

Thanks

I don't mind being the red headed step child with my ziio but how about a little mainstream love?

Last edited: Apr 1, 2011
  2. Kenif

Kenif Member

Tablet / Device:
    Creative ZiiO
    Google have some minimum requirements before allowing companies install Android Market on their hardware.

The ZiiO isn't up to those requirements (GPS is one requirement I think)

Freewarelovers and SlideMe are two great legal sites for apps

applanet, 4 shared and mobilism all deal in the other side (although you can get loads of legally-free from them too!)

I've downloaded some files from the android market on my phone (Android 2.1 LG Optimus) and transfered them over as well.

• Like Like x 2
  3. MikeTodd

MikeTodd Member

Tablet / Device:
    Dell Axim x51v windows mobile 6.1
    Thanks for the heads up and the useful sites. I'm not sure why I expected full market support with 2.2. Creative states there isn't compatibility. Anyway I'm real happy I was able to install NOOK viewer after searching around and installing one that didn't work. I had purchased books through them prior to ordering my ziio. The purchase was a gift from their store.

4. americandane

americandane Member

Tablet / Device:
    gTablet, Viewbook 730, Pocket Edge, Nook Color, M009S
    The Viewbook 730 which is virtually identical to the Ziio 7 can get market to load but you need do it with adb. I have full market running on my 730 and it's got a very comprehenisve list of apps available.

After you get adb working by editing the andorid_usb.inf file, then you only need psneuter and the google apps from the cyanogenmod wiki site (get the HDPI version 6 at the bottom right of the "Latest Version" page).

Update: Nov 16:
    I just got a Ziio 10 and did the root and the market install process and it worked fine (except you really don't have full root - just root for most apps - like titanium backup and others)
    Make sure you clear your cache before you reboot.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2011