Android Noob

MrSamNC

Sep 5, 2011
Hi all, I recently purchased my first Android device (Transformer Tablet). I was in the market for a tablet/pad and was (like many of you, i'm sure) comparing the iPad to the Transformer. For myself, the price, expandability with the keyboard dock, and tech-friendliness of Android convinced me to go with the Asus over the Apple. A decision, that thus far, I feel has been a good one.

My initial intent/desire was to use this tablet as a replacement of my Lenovo laptop. Thus far, I have had to revert to the laptop for a few items, such as photo editing with Picasa.

Have any of you converted to using your android tablet soley as your 'pc'?

Thanks,
Sam

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Android does have photo editors, file managers, pdf viewers, document editors/writers, ect. But solely switching from windows/linux/apple to android isnt excactly a thing to do Yet. If your new to android, it will take you some time to adjust and learn exactly what android is capable of doing but i can say that AOS hasnt been created for such a full switch yet because theres those of us who like to do video editing, video services, flash services, programing, the advance stuff android hasnt hit yet but eventually will
Android will (in the soon future) have full end netbooks going head to head with chromium so we will see later what the operating system can do at that point.

Sent from my Ally using Android Tablet Forum

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Sam, welcome to the forum. Congratulations on your new tablet. Realistically, I'm pretty sure you're going to revert to your laptop from time to time, tablets haven't advanced far enough yet to completely replace a PC. Video conversion, TurboTax, large spreadsheets and, as you mentioned, photo editing are just a few things I prefer doing on my PC. However, for the things you can do nicely on a tablet like reading, e-mail, watching videos etc. it's great having one.