Android on ACER ICONIA w500?

terrymc

Jan 26, 2012
AHA! I got it to work, Acer W500 running both windows7 and Android 4.0.3. - the best of both worlds. There are a few issues, but I think most of these issues will/can be resolved once the video card conflict is resolved. Here's a quick list of issues: video flickers from time to time, camera force closes, many high quality graphics applications and games do not open, and the screen becomes unreadable after the unit wakes up from sleep. Besides these, the android is working great: the wifi is stable, multi-touch screen is very responsive (upto 4 points), sound, and multi-tasking.

can you supply how to and a link for the Android OS 4.0.3 I would greatly apreciate it.

thorrnado

Mar 5, 2012
can you supply how to and a link for the Android OS 4.0.3 I would greatly apreciate it.

link: Http://www.android-x86.org/download

you should use the 4.0-RC1 version, which is the latest at this moment, and use the "AMD Brazos" type, because that is specifically made for the AMD C50 processor of your W500

i've typed this response using the x86 Android 4.0-RC1 " Brazos" version, and it's working just fine.
As other users already pointed out, there are some issues like the flickering screen, but i'm sure these will be fixed.

Enjoy!

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
It runs everything windows 7. My boss has one, he bought his after he saw my A500, and he uses msoffice on there. As for keyboards, it gives you 3 options
USB kbd
On Screen touch kbd
Or the keyboard dock - then it looks like a net book.

I just don't like it.