Android Price Problem

humous

Jun 21, 2011
Hello all.

I would like to raise an issue about the pricing of the recent flurry of Android tablets. The first thing I would mention is that I own an iPad. The second thing is that I have never been very happy with it - it is simply a massive iPhone (which I also own and love). Anyway, I'm not going into the pros and cons of iPad.

I have been trying to buy an android (3g) tablet for about 3 months now. But I can't... Why? They are as, and sometimes more, expensive than the equivalent iPads (also over-priced). (I'm talking about Motorola Xoom, HTC Flyer, and the other Android 3.0 tablets)

My question is this... Google has ~15% of the tablet market. How are they every going to dominate (or at least share) the market, when their tablets are going head-to-head with the popular, well-supported, superbly-made (albeit limited-functionality) apple products? It doesn't make any sense to me.

Android tablets need to be 20% cheaper, ergo a no-brainer.

poikaa

Jun 12, 2011
I have made a purchase of a cheap an older platform Android tablet just to get my foot in the door, this a least given me an idea of where I want to go . Like you I am troubled by the numbers of tablets and the prices of the 3.0 and higher Android tablets. I do know the cheap and older tablets are to be considered entry level and are poor performers. I am going to wait and see what happens this fall when the "dust" settles!

poikaa