android.process.acore

shockologist

Mar 6, 2011
After giving my new gtab some heavy use Ive run into the problem where it loops the threads title over and over...Kinda noobish to this stuff so need help fixing please

So far tried reinstalling tnt 2.0 via recovery and that doesnt help

How do I restore to factory and restart or has that ship sailed for me?

hunter505

Jan 21, 2011
I am having the exact same problem all of a sudden. Did you recently install anything from the market? The only thing I have added was a cheesy space game called MiniSpaceWar Vector. I cannot open my settings at all. Using TnT Lite 2.2. The weird thing is, most stuff seems to work, facebook, videoplayer etc. Just keep getting the forceclose message every few seconds.

tcrews

Oct 19, 2010
If you can, go to /data/data/com.android.providers.contacts/ and move or rename the folder databases. The system will immediately rebuild the database and rewrite it back to that location and your process.acore should stop. (you'll need something like root explorer to do so...though you could adb it from your computer)

I had this happen yesterday and read a thread on xda-developers on how to fix. Seems something in the contacts database gets screwed up and you get the failure/force closes.

shockologist

Mar 6, 2011
If you can, go to /data/data/com.android.providers.contacts/ and move or rename the folder databases. The system will immediately rebuild the database and rewrite it back to that location and your process.acore should stop. (you'll need something like root explorer to do so...though you could adb it from your computer)

I had this happen yesterday and read a thread on xda-developers on how to fix. Seems something in the contacts database gets screwed up and you get the failure/force closes.

I didn't have clockwork installed...after i installed it I reinstalled tnt and have had no problems.

any program that requires synching could cause this problem in my case it was Appbrain that did it.

hunter505

Jan 21, 2011
this thread needs to be combined with the other one on the same subject. I found the other thread and did what pbrauer suggested (partition the SD Card) and not only did it fix all the force close issues, but it seems to have made the whole thing more stable. I plan to stay with TnT Lite 2.2 until we can get a Honeycomb ROM for the G-Tab.

I did have Clockwork installed, but had not partitioned the SD Card as part of the process. My problems showed up suddenly after about a month of use. If you have just done the re-install, you might want to consider the partition and re-re-install :=) Alternatively, you could use Titanium Backup prior to the partition to save everything.

Last edited:

regmar

Apr 9, 2011

Holy mackerel! That worked! I tried all kinds of stuff, before I read this. Bingo!