Android Tablet Apps Survey

3dmotionapps

Jul 9, 2010
Hello all,

We've had quite a few responses for people interested in tablet-specific apps.

We'd love the group's support in answering some questions that will help us in the development process. Please post your replies below.

1. Do you own an android tablet, and if so, which model and OS version are you running?

2. What type of apps (besides games) are you most interested in -- specifically designed for the larger screen-size of a tablet?

3. Do you have access to the Android Market on your Android tablet, and if not, would you comfortable purchasing apps directly from a developer's website (Paypal, CC, etc...) via direct download.

Cheers!

Michael
3D Motion Apps
3DMotionApps.com

Last edited:

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
1) Apad iRobot, Android 1.5 RK2808a
2) Multimedia consumption apps
3) Android market works

Most tablets on the market right now can't handle multitasking or many widgets. Multimedia compatibility is also varied.

CyberGenie

Dec 10, 2010
Cruz Tablet T103 Android 2.0
Database Management - want to keep track of clients and their info (kind of like a Rolodex/business card registry)
No access to Android Market, only Cruz Market and some side sites.

CarsnGadgets

Dec 6, 2010
1. Soon to own Archos 101
2. split screen email client like outlook, and a clip board-scrap book app to grap web clippings etc in a visual way.
3. appslib and android market access, and would buy via paypal from developers site.

mgr52

Nov 11, 2010
2. All in one multimedia app like VLC player that can play all the file formats.

romsfuulynn

Dec 11, 2010
I bought a Maylong to fool around with the OS and the form factor - just managed to squash the screen. It was 1.6
It isn't as bad as the detractors

I am primarily interested in it as a multiformat ereader and want to be able to run the Nook and Kindle apps as well as iReader to read my DRMd Mobipocket books.

I have no significant interest in hacking a tablet, but I would be very comfortable purchasing apps directly from a developer website.

strider_mt2k

Nov 22, 2010
HaiPad M701-R
Running Android 2.1, Rooted, FW 2.1-update 1, Kernel 2.6.29
Bought it primarily as a toy to hack around and tinker with and learn some Android on.
I look for utilities to make the tablet run better, multimedia apps, games, and online stuff.
My tablet has Market on it, but I wouldn't mind purchasing direct.

mgr52

Nov 11, 2010
another nice app would be an all in one rooting app. Not sure if this exists but if not it would be a great idea for those people that are new to rooting

buyagain

Dec 7, 2010
8 inch Android 2.2 Freescale processor (Mx515)
Primarily i need apps that allow Ereader access to NOOK, Kindle and any other application that will allow me access to libraries. I can't see why I should not be able to find some kind of access to Kindle program that is Android compliant. The Android App store that came with my generic 2.2 Apad does not seem to offer access to ereader from Kindle of Nook. Any ideas?

Last edited:

pwalt

Dec 1, 2010
I have a Huawei S7 ... Android 2.1 OS.

A non-game interest of mine would actually require a 10" format ... and would be work related.

I work in the construction industry as an engineer. We have to perform site visits before, during and after construction and perform punch lists. Generally that means taking along large format paper drawings, or breaking them down into many sheets of 11x17. Then of course you take pictures and have to get back to the office and figure out where everything was. Assuming nothing got dropped/lost on site or in the car.

To be able to use a DWF program (such as Trueview on PC) to digitally mark up drawings on the fly would be cool. The "bees-knees" would be to then take pictures with the tablet and link the picture file with a location on the drawing (manual link, not GPS ... GPS would probably be too complicated at this point).

No papers to get lost. No notes lost because they were written on the back of a different drawing. No confusion as to where *that* picture was taken ...

<sigh> All future site visits will suck until this exists and I own it!

Pam

OffWorld

Oct 5, 2010
1. Haipad M701-R
2. Android 2.1 (small text update), rooted, Zeam Launcher
3. MaplePaint, Emulators (TigerArcade, Frodo, SNES Lite), Kindle, Nook

TadeGen

Dec 15, 2010
I would like to see the Android tablet perform as a home energy hub. For example there are boiler now that can be operated wirelessly and also electricity sockets. It would be great for an app that integrates with your central heating so you can control the temperature of each radiator and set the times for boiler switch on/off. Also it would be great if the app could monitor your electricity usage and display in real time how much it is costing you per hour to run your household. Trends over time would also be very useful. That would mean I could go anywhere int he world and control/view my energy consumption.

necromonger

Dec 16, 2010
Viewsonic G Tablet - College student, on the go productivity with Documents2Go full, web browsing and catching up on my favorite mangas online. Also doing some online homework.

My tablet is running TnT lite 2.4.0 (actually 2.2 Froyo).

moose

Jun 4, 2011
1. Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 Limited Edition. Android 3.0

2. ClipIT, Google Talk, Gmail, CNN Tablet Edition

3. I do have access to Android Market on my device, though it does lack a lot of functionality that is available on the phone. I would probably not buy an app from anywhere but the Google Android Market