Android Tablet for College

eferigolli

Jul 18, 2011
I am starting college soon and was originally thinking of buying an iPad, but eventually realized that it was too expensive for my budget. My primary reason for having a tablet is for the use of etextbooks. If I get one, i could save money on books and not have to lug them around. I am looking for a fairly low priced tablet that is worth my money. I'm having a really hard time figuring out which android is best. I looked at the samsung galaxy tabs and found that they are similarly priced to the iPad. Then i saw the Archos android tablets and thought, for their price, that they were a good choice. But i keep reading reviews saying that these tablets aren't very good. Should i get an Archos, or what other tablets would be good for my situation?
Thanks for your time.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
The Thrive is virtually the same price as the iPad, although I would choose it over the iPad any day of the week. I would probably go with the Nook Color. The price is right and there is a huge userbase so it is well supported.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Android Tablet Forum

Jkirb

Jun 5, 2011
Go with the transformer! You can use it for textbooks and get the keyboard dock and use it as a laptop!

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum