android tablet for uni

shaniepoo

Jun 3, 2012
I've started a foundation degree and have been toying with the idea of getting a tablet to help with studying. I know that Windows isn't compatible with the tablets but is there any form of 'word' compatible app/program available? I'm thinking that the smaller tablet would be better with a usb keyboard. I could use it in class for accessing Ebooks amd research. Any ideas on what tablet would be best?

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Welcome to the forum!

If you have access to the internet in class/on campus, OnLive Desktop is the best M$ office app because it is the real thing. You must have an internet connection to use it, and you must use cloud storage (Google Drive, Dropbox) to save files.

I think you should look into the ASUS Transformer line if you are looking for a real keyboard. The TF300T is great, about 15 hours of battery life. It is a 10.1" tablet/(almost)netbook. Still runs Android, but it is great. I know a lot of folks who use the TF101, TF201 and TF300T for school without issue.

shaniepoo

Jun 3, 2012
Thanks. I Have seen the Flytouch 3 superpad. Thats 10.2", 4GB, Android 2.2 and is compatible with wore, excel and power point. That sounds along the lines of what im after (and is only £110), is it any good do you know?

SpeMall.com

Jul 13, 2011
Thanks. I Have seen the Flytouch 3 superpad. Thats 10.2", 4GB, Android 2.2 and is compatible with wore, excel and power point. That sounds along the lines of what im after (and is only £110), is it any good do you know?
Hi shaniepoo, the Zenithink ZT-280 C91 upgrade is much better than the superpad, and it's for £ 117.09 shipped in our site. you can do some research. and for a smaller one, i would recommend you to have a look at the Ainol novo 7 Aurora(for £ 104.08 shipped). hope you'll find what you want! Good luck! :)

shaniepoo

Jun 3, 2012
The zenithink has 1 usb port doesnt it? can a usb keyboard be used with it and is iu word, excel and power point compatible like the Flytouch?

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
I've started a foundation degree and have been toying with the idea of getting a tablet to help with studying. I know that Windows isn't compatible with the tablets but is there any form of 'word' compatible app/program available? I'm thinking that the smaller tablet would be better with a usb keyboard. I could use it in class for accessing Ebooks amd research. Any ideas on what tablet would be best?

hi this is my choice as a good quality tab for you. it is running an older version of android as im not sure if ics can offer you what you need just yet but it is also updatable to ics if you require it. its a good tab at an affordable price with high specs from a trusted sup[porting vendor on this forum. well worth looking at . check out their site if this is not what you're looking for & you may find just what you need. good luck.

Teclast A10t 9.7 inch Android 4.0 Tablet PC IPS Capacitive Touch Screen Allwinner A10 Teclast A10t 9.7 inch Android 4.0 Tablet PC IPS Capacitive Touch Screen Allwinner A10 [TA10T] - $199.99 : China Tablet PC - Android Tablet PC - Consumer Electronics

SpeMall.com

Jul 13, 2011
The zenithink has 1 usb port doesnt it? can a usb keyboard be used with it and is iu word, excel and power point compatible like the Flytouch?

Hi shaniepoo, yes, the Zenithink C91 have 1*USB 2.0 Host port, you can use a keyboard case with it. and, yes, it can support word, excel and power point viewer for sure. more detailed specifications about this model you can find it in our product page: Zenithink ZT280 C91 10.2 Inch Capacitive Screen Android 4.0 OS Tablet PC Skype Video Chat Supportted with Amlogic Cortex A9 Processor - China Electronics Wholesale - Consumer Electronics Gadgets Dropship From China
Thanks! :)