Android tablet Mica 8 inch 2.3 gingerbread

jaguarxj220

Sep 26, 2011
:) Does any one has the above tablet let us know if it is what
its cracked up to be 1.2 GHz Samsung processor working android
market...........shipped from china................

fun3dfantasy

Oct 23, 2011
Hi, I bought 2 of these Mica 8" tablets. Yes, I like. You must use a stylus with the resistive screen for fast performance. Great color. A stylus is fast and precise. I bought a Mini HDMI to HDMI adapter to use an HDMI cable. It didn't work. But, I bought a mini HDMI to HDMI Cable to connnect monitor/tv and THAT works well.
** I broke a screen. Now I use a tablet stand while charging, etc. They sent me a replacement screen, no fee. It did not come with the DEVICE driver sync software to install a device Snyc like most Android phones do. So swapping via a card is the only way I move files. It would be nice to have desktop Sync app. Memory management - where you put files - should be planned. Use the BlueTooth for best sound. I use a BlueTooth (speaker/microphone) by Motorola TX5000 for clear live portable walking sound using Skype. I enjoy reading books in the Night mode. Remember to turn off all the features you don't use for long battery performance. No Wifi or bluetooth while reading books. Saves my charge for later. Device is spec for tablet card slot at 16Gb max card size. 1 internal + 1 slot - 32GB TOTAL It prepares any mSD card with a directory .lostdir and mounts to a location, as preset.

Last edited:

fun3dfantasy

Oct 23, 2011
Can you help me find a Device driver and Snyc - computer PC application for Win7 or XP to use? Going to try a Linux computer to link to test a linkup.

Last edited:

tivicrdotcom

Oct 26, 2011
So I have done enough research in the field to know one or two thing about tablets, especially Chinese ones. I paid $150 and found out that you indeed need to spend at least this amount to get a good tablet otherwise you'll waste your money.

It's not iPad but if you are in a budget then this is the way to go. The resistive screen can be a pain if you don't put enough pressure on it, maybe a stylus will make it work smoother. It runs gingerbread 2.3 which gives me some problems downloading some applications because it states "not compatible with device" but this is more of a developer issue. 512 RAM which allows it to run applications smooth, internet browsing and downloading is fast (depending on your connection speed) and overall processor speed is quite good. The camera works fine at 3 MP and I can skype but without video, you can enable it (beta) but I doesn't display a anything. You can see the other party but you cannot be seen.

It has gravity sensor, Bluetooth, WIFI built in, a decent speaker, plays HDMI and HD videos. Overall, for its price, its a great tablet!

fun3dfantasy

Oct 23, 2011
You must use a stylus with the resistive screen for fast performance. Great color. A stylus is fast and precise. Not compatible with device - might mean the Application uses features not found on the tablet. A number of phone applications are only for the Make / Brand of the phone designed for. Remember Android defines the I/O to each device by assigned memory address range. So a different device /model may use a different memory address to communicate with it's internal devices and this is also why upgrades are so very specific to the version and device.

GLCII

Nov 20, 2011
About the Mica drivers. There is none that I can find and I had a heck of a time trying to connect it to win7. I did get it though. Now I can transfer files to and from the Mica. I'm not exactly sure what I did but I did update win7 at the windows update site while the Mica was still connected VIA the usb cable and also had the yellow exclamation mark on the USB port in the device manager. After the update and restart finished the exclamation mark was gone. Unfortunately that is all I did so I can't really give specific details on the solution. At this time I am able to transfer compressed mpeg4 videos to the Mica and watch themas well as pictures and whatever else.

I wish I could say something specific I did to fix the problem but I can't. It was all done with trial and error and a little luck. Now when I plug in the USB cable the turn on USB Storage comes up every time. I am also using a File manager app to view what I "m doing. Another thing I noticed was that the Mica doesn't show the Micro Sd Card as an 8gig but only a two.

One last thing. The Micro Card shows up as empty and Unmounted while connected to the PC. To access any of the files on the storage (sd card) you have to turn off the USB storage as it's called via the Mica .

Belg

Jan 13, 2012
I bought one and cannot download Words with Friends on it. Would appreciate any help. I am pretty new with tablets. Did buy a TF card. Thank you!