Android Tablet missing regular apps?

t1zzee

Feb 3, 2012
I just purchased a MID 7" WM8650 tablet for my daughter to replace a mini laptop that never worked correctly and now I am having some trouble with the tablet. It would appear to be a Chinese version, and the regular apps aren’t there and android market doesn’t work.

I was thinking of flashing the ROM and installing a new version of android etc....but the more I read about it the more confused I get. The last thing I want to do is “brick” it or install the wrong thing and cause the keyboard or wi-fi to not function.
All I really want is for her to be able to access the regular apps and play with it because so far she is just bored and not using it.
Can anyone tell me what I need to do to solve this?
These are the specs:

Model: WonderMedia WM8650
Android: 2.2
Kernel: 2.6.32.9-default
Build: generic-eng2.2 Froyo
Ver1.5.5-20110920.023830

It has a webcam on the front - 4GB internal Ram and 3G built in.
It came with a black adapter plug in that provides 2 female USB ports and 1 ethernet port.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
well since that last post didn't really help a whole lot, I will start by asking what you mean by "regular" apps. Android does not come with much preinstalled, esp since there are so many different apps that are available for free from the Market. Do you mean it does not have Market, or are you looking for more than that?