Android Tablet PC power cord

Guysimon

May 4, 2012
tip broke off - where can I buy a new power cord? It seems like I am on a Quest now. I have checked with Futureshop, Staples, The Source, Indigo/Chapters, and Best Buy.

Guysimon

May 4, 2012
Sorry about that. I am new to this. I was gifted with an Android Tablet PC. that is al it says on the box and in the instruction book. No manufacturer indicated. Very weird. The Power Adaptor is a model PF-918. Input 100-240VAC 0.3A 50/60NHZ. Output 9V=1500 mA.

J

jimbo7630

If it still has power you could go into Settings and and scroll to About or About Device and see what it says in there (Probably not a lot!) anyway is the cable detachable from the charger? Or could you take it to some Cell phone repair/spares shop and see if they can either supply a new charger or replace the cable?

Edit: BTW welcome to the Forum!

Guysimon

May 4, 2012
thank you for the hint About Device. There is a teeny bit of power left, Cap'n. Cable is not detachable from the charger. It is all one piece. I just need the little shiny piton that plugs the power cord into the device. thank you for the advice to go to a cell phone shop.

J

jimbo7630

If you go to a cellphone repair shop be sure to take the tip and/or the tablet with you so that they can see what size is required.

Guysimon

May 4, 2012
Thank you, once again. I do not have the tip. Unfortunately, I believe the tip somehow went down the furnace vent. I do have the tablet and take it with me and my broken power cord wherever I go to try to find a new one.