android tablet says connected

msbeatty

Dec 19, 2011
it says conncted on my tablet but i cannot browse the web...is something i can do to surf..i got a router i did everything right to install it

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Let's take things one at a time.

1. What kind of tablet do you have?
2. What do you mean it says connected? Are you seeing it in the lower right corner, or in the Top Bar? How do you know?
3. What app are you using to connect to the web? The built-in browser? what are you trying to access?

msbeatty

Dec 19, 2011
i have a acer android tablet,when i go to click on connections it says connected to wifi(Eleanor's network) on the lower right corner of the tablet...
i use the bulit in web browser

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi msbeatty, Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new tablet. Nice to have you as a member of Android Tablets. Now that I know the type of tablet you have, I can move your thread to the best place for someone to help you out. That's the Acer Tablets section and by the time you can read this, you'll be there.

msbeatty

Dec 19, 2011
i am connected but i cannot surf the web....i did everything right in connecting the wires and configering the router so i can surf with my tablet

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Do you have another device (phone, computer, etc) to connect to your WiFi network to verify the WiFi router is connected to the network?

Also, if you go into Settings - Wireless & Network - WiFi Settings, does it say Connected?

Finally, go to Settings - About - Status and see what the IP address is and make sure it is similar to the Gateway (AAA.BBB.CCC.DDD and the A's, B's and C's match from the gateway to the IP address. Example: IP Address: 192.168.1.102, Gateway: 192.168.1.1)