android tablet wont download apps! help!!

rangerrb2

Aug 11, 2012
My android tablet will let me onto the market and will let me click install. The problem is everytime I press install 3 secnds later it'll say "download was unsuccesful". What can I do?

Mrhelper

Apr 29, 2012
Try booting the tablet (full power off by holding the power button for 2 seconds and selecting OK, and then power up ).

If that does not work, go to Settings > Apps > All (tab). Select Play Store and clear data. Select Download manager and clear data.

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Also, go to checkout.google.com and make sure your account is OK and has a valid credit card.

Another thing to try - go to Settings - Accounts - Google - Tap the menu button (may be in the top right hand corner) and delete/remove.

Reboot and then go back and add your google account back.

rachjade

Apr 9, 2013
My brother has just got his tablet , and he can't download anything! we"ve gone on the play store, click to download, accept but then it says something like: error while connecting to server ect. does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks

jrstark2

May 3, 2013
I'm having this same problem. My phone is fine, my Nook Color is not downloading from Google Play. Existing apps can't download updates either. When I look at my apps on the computer, only my phone shows now, any references to my NC have disappeared. This is both on My Apps and when I look at any app, it only tells me if it is compatible with my phone. Tried deleting data in Play Store, didn't help. Don't see a download manager. I have rebooted since this started.

Phone is rooted Gingerbread, NC is rooted Jellybean if that makes a difference.