Discussion in 'ViewPad 10' started by Ramzi, Feb 27, 2012.
This first release candidate is stable and works great
- Wifi / Bluetooth
- Auto rotate - Brightness adjustment
- Audio and Mic - Hardware Buttons
- Apps that does is not dependent on ARM code
- Some live wallpapers (2Ds mostly works)
- Screen lock
Not working / Bugs
- ARM coded apps (hoping for compatibility driver or emulator soon)
- G sensor in games (buggy)
- Power on off (no menu)
- Screen/device sleep / resume (it somehow "sleeps" by locking the screen and dimming the backlight)
the probability of getting native ARM apps to work on x86 android is slim to none, I'm not holding my breath.
I don't think these have a G sensor just an orientation sensor.
to have the tablet sleep press power once, to shut it off press power twice, it won't have the menu most
android devices have because this tablet was made for windows and the long press power button is hard
coded to turn the tablet off not bring up another menu.
I am really impressed with this build, I like the fact that two finger rotation in Google maps works right out
of the box. also the camera works, I don't know if it will work for G-talk or Skype but it at least works.
I recall having this problem with one of the other versions of 4.0. When I pressed the power button to turn off, I didn't get the confirmation pop-up window. But, after changing some settings, the pop-up window for powering off was back. The changes that I made were these:
- mark Use GPU for 2D in Development
- Enable USB debug mode
See if that corrects the problem.
is it compatible to upgrade bsnl penta tpad is701r tablet with android 2.3 os
It looks like that tablet has the IMAP210 CPU, an ARM CPU. The Viewpad 10 has an Intel based Atom CPU, and Android-x86 was created for Intel based tablets and PCs. That means Android-x86 won't work in that tablet.
Separate names with a comma.