Another new update appearing today 7/27 !!!

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Folks, you might want to check for new updates.

I received another new update today which brought me to ACER_A500_4.010.13_COM_GEN2 (USA version, other numbers may vary after the last decimal).

It was a small 14+ meg update.

Not sure what it fixed. The sequence was essentially the same as before.

Anybody seeing any new features, or fixes post here.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
So far no new patch on the Acer site.
See image if you don't believe me.
$acerpatch.JPG

If it shows up, please let us know.

Last edited:

magicalyak

Jul 15, 2011
I've received this notice as well even though I was late in getting the 3.1 update...has anyone determined exactly what this "fixes"? I've been running rather smoothly since updating to 3.1 and don't want to move backwards....

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

Reese1ar

Jul 6, 2011
said something about apk installer or something after it was done downloading. I didn't notice that after any other updates. I didn't pay that close of attention. oh well.

hunted

Jul 4, 2011
yes there is a new update. i read somewhere on xda something to do with the gyrodumphlashey ma bop it. im sorry it had sometHing to do with if my mind remembers correctly gyroscope or something like that and some other minor thing. what was neat it didn't undo root also. i all ready got mine my wife has not and i dont think she cares . it is pretty kewl during the download the android man and gears during the download and then it reboots and installs. during download leave it alone heard of some people reboot when they think it is done and instead it does not finish and problems occur. so let it do the d/l it will rebbot when done. it seems like it stops and gets stuck for about 2 to 3 minutes towards the end leave it alone then bam it reboots and does its thing.

strider_mt2k

Nov 22, 2010
I updated mine last night.
As stated, still rooted, everything still works.

I was watching Archer on Netflicks moments later, so complaints here. :)

kes601

May 23, 2011
It bricked mine. Sorry for cross posting this in so many threads, but I want to warn people that it can cause problems -- especially with the fact that me and another person have the exact same unlock screen showing 15% charged.

Reese1ar

Jul 6, 2011
I've noticed today and late yesterday after the update some performance issues. It doesn't like to go to sleep and stay asleep. It keeps waking up. It didn't suffer from this before. Seems to be a little laggy turning on from sleep which it was very snappy before. I thought maybe it was my live wallpaper, so I turned it off, but still a bit more lag than it was prior to the update. Websites have been a little buggy too since. Weird.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
bricked mine 2 after update charging stuck @ 15%. is there any fix so far?

So does it run at all? If you can see it at 15% then you must have something running... it can't be totally bricked.

I suggest you let it run down till the battery dies and the system shuts down by itself, then leave it OFF and charge to 100% before using it.

Chances are the charge reporting software has just crashed, and the tablet is fully charged. I've had similar problems with my nook. The charge controller is perfectly capable of charging the battery all by itself and needs no help from the Operating System. It simply reports percent of charge, voltage, temperature, to a
few pins on its interface, and software in the system reads this info. But if that software crashes or fails to read, It might decide not to let the tablet do anything due to a bogus low battery state. Running it to zero resets it.

Also: is there any chance you installed that leaked Chinese early version of 3.1?
There are a lot of people on XDA suggesting this is the cause of the problem, and the road back is sort of painful.

Last edited:

johnblaze322

May 27, 2011
no def no the leaked version im still under warrenty so i didnt install the leaked version, didnt even root it. i did however just get off an hr and half phone call with acer tech support. in which we could not even get the tablet to do a hard reset using the power and volume buttons. i was told the only way to fix now is to ship to texas and wait 7-10 business days. im pissed real pissed but im also not gonna loss $450. please anyone im sending my tab out monday morning if ANYONE has any tricks to do a hard reset im all ears

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
no def no the leaked version im still under warrenty so i didnt install the leaked version, didnt even root it. i did however just get off an hr and half phone call with acer tech support. in which we could not even get the tablet to do a hard reset using the power and volume buttons. i was told the only way to fix now is to ship to texas and wait 7-10 business days. im pissed real pissed but im also not gonna loss $450. please anyone im sending my tab out monday morning if ANYONE has any tricks to do a hard reset im all ears

Where did you get it?

Some stores will deal with this problem for you, by simply replacing it. Some won't.

My son had to send his laptop in to Acer for repair. He was happy with the service.

johnblaze322

May 27, 2011
Where did you get it?

Some stores will deal with this problem for you, by simply replacing it. Some won't.

My son had to send his laptop in to Acer for repair. He was happy with the service.

i bought mine at best buy about 2 months ago. so far i am happy with acer repair too they are doing everything for free, even payed for shipping both ways. its just fustrating not having my tablet