Another new update appearing today 7/27 !!!

magicalyak

Jul 15, 2011
I've actually started to notice some performance issues after this update as well. There is the wake up issue now, and even new lags on we pages and playing videos...regretting installing since I still haven't found what the upside was supposed to be...

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

Shell558

Jul 20, 2011
I finally have this thing working well so I'm not planning on doing the update. As far as I'm concerned, OTA updates aren't worth the trouble. I will pick and choose from the Acer site after others have reported on them. I guess I'm just not cutting edge:)

thorne

Jul 30, 2011
I'm starting to feel the same way about the OTAs. I, too, am stuck at 15% charging with an unresponsive screen. I have noticed, though, that once at the frozen unlock screen, if you you press the power button once, then press it again, you can slide the unlock icon. However, you are greeted with the 'shutting down' prompt, and are unable to activate or view anything other than some settings options. This is my second 'bricked' Iconia that I'm returning to BB. When I get the new one, I'm immediately backing up the stock ROM with the Acer Iconia installation program. My only question is, in the event of another brick, can the back up be placed on the root of an SD and loaded with the power + vol combination?

Shell558

Jul 20, 2011
So...since the warranty is only for a year, we should expect to not download updates once that year is up in order to protect ourselves from a bad update that seems to vary for the same model? Is Acer seriously that sloppy or is it just that this platform is so new? This is my first Acer and Android device...it is a toy so I went with the cheapest with reasonable expectation of quality. Also, I loathe the monopoly Apple tries to create, so although I know the Ipad would have worked out of the box, slower--but with no problems like these--I chose the newer platform.

For the record, my tablet has been working OK since the patch and several factory resets...I've learned to not expect very much.