Another new user with a question

rogerlewis

Apr 26, 2013
Hi Everybody. I'm a real newbie to tablets. Two months ago i got an Archos 101 xs but i only kept it for a week because the sound was really crap although it play my WMA files without a problem. I am now the owner of a brand new Lenovo Ideatab A2109A-F with JB pre installed which i have had for a week. But to my dismay i found out that it does not support WMA files like the previous model. My question is, is there any way of adding support for WMA files as i don't really fancy uploading over 10.000 tracks through google play. I just want to stick a usb drive in and play my music like i could with the Archos. Thanks in advance.
Best Regards.
Roger.

D

dvdcatalyst

Hi Roger,

Welcome to the forums.

Archos has a history with media players, and as of such, it includes some additional support for media files.

WMA (like avi, mkv etc) isn't officially supported on Android, so you will need to either convert your songs to MP3 with iTunes for example (guide), or use a player with support for other audio formats.

I don't do much with music myself, but this might do what you need:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.maxmpz.audioplayer

otherwise, a simple search for wma music player on google or on google play will likely bring up more.

Last edited by a moderator:

rogerlewis

Apr 26, 2013
Hi Thanks for that, not really the answer i was looking for though i'ts a pity that there is no way of putting the WMA support onto the tablet. I don't understand why Lenovo supports WMA on one tablet and then takes it away on another. WMA must be one of the most used formats for music out there, specially for Windows users. I have about a 1000 CDs/LPs on my PC all in the WMA format, it's going to be a big job converting them to MP3. Thanks again. Regards. Roger.

D

dvdcatalyst

Hi Thanks for that, not really the answer i was looking for though i'ts a pity that there is no way of putting the WMA support onto the tablet. I don't understand why Lenovo supports WMA on one tablet and then takes it away on another. WMA must be one of the most used formats for music out there, specially for Windows users. I have about a 1000 CDs/LPs on my PC all in the WMA format, it's going to be a big job converting them to MP3. Thanks again. Regards. Roger.

Your 101XS is from Archos which is different from Lenovo.

As I mentioned, there are music players with WMA support in Google Play, so you can try a few of those and see if that works fine for you.

WasteLandSavage

Dec 3, 2012
Get a sound file converter from like download.com that will allow you to convert your .wma files to avi.
That's what I did and it really didn't take that long for me to do on my laptop and I had over a thousand of them, And I even converted some of my video files as well of which I have close to 900 of.
Around 3hrs it took.

Other then that I know of no way to add support to the A2109A for .wma files.
If you find away I'd love to hear it. "GOOD LUCK"