Another Newbie

radwhopper

Nov 26, 2011
I'm new here and still learning about tablets. I bought a Coby Kyros just for fun then gave it to my son and bought an Archos 10i9g. I've had it for six months and I love it. To be honest, I kind of like my son's Coby better for e-reading, so I promised if he made the dean's list I would buy him a Nook tablet and he could give me the Coby. I'm still learning which apps I want mostly by trial and error. What I would like to know however is about the security on tablets and how to protect them.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi radwhopper, welcome to the forum. Most tablets have protection of some sort built in. If you go into the settings for your tablet you should find a security section where you can turn it on and specify a password or some other means of turning the tablet on when it's locked. There are also apps available on the Market that allow you to lock individual apps on the tablet. If you go to Amazon or the Android Market and enter "security" in the search box, you'll get a list of what's available. I'm also moving your thread to the Android Tablet Q&A section for you, where more people are likely to join the discussion and try to help you. Good luck!

Amazon.com: Appstore for Android
https://play.google.com/store/apps