another one bites the dust

Kay

Feb 24, 2011
I was reading a book when it stopped working and sent up a pop up saying something wasn't working force close, then it just went completely black. tried turning it on and off, it gets to the bird screen, sits for a bit, then gets to the droid dude and then the screen flashes on and off every few seconds. Tried reseting, tried turning on and off. same thing- finally just left it to see if it would eventually get past the screen, it's been a few hours now and I am pretty confident in saying it's done. worked for a couple weeks I guess (bought it feb 20th), sucks.

any ideas? think augen cs might be helpful or just a bust and tell me to take it back for a refund (I know the store has no more the exchange it for)? I've still got the box, manual, receipt and all that jazz. Box says 1-year limited warranty.

Last edited:

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
thats a good idea if you just bought it you should be able to get a replacement

Kay

Feb 24, 2011
update, my original reply said I bought it on the 7th, don't know why I put that- I bought it on the 20th. Just being crazy I guess lol

I got an email today with a link to their service department. They said they should be able to fix it. I registered an account on their site and submitted a ticked just a few minutes ago with high priority (they have low, medium, high, urgent, emergency and critical levels. Hopefully high will suffice for this situation.

Kay

Feb 24, 2011
wow! I am IMPRESSED I already got an email from them with the rma form and saying to fill out and fax or email it and copy of receipt and that they would call within 24-48 hours of receiving it through email or fax. I filled it out and emailed it and the receipt in a couple minutes ago.

Kay

Feb 24, 2011
so much for being impressed =p I haven't heard anything else from them and it's been more then the 24-48 hours. I re-emailed them just now.

Kay

Feb 24, 2011
lol, no- I bought it from Columbia Hy-Vee #3 =) (Hy-Vee) Hy-Vee is a midwest grocery store chain. They had them in for christmas specials (I think they actually had them in for black friday) and we bought the last one they still had on clearance last month.

My husband just also is at this moment faxing the documents from the same store we bought it from- just in case for some reason they don't do email (even though the form says you can email them to them also- you never know lol).

Kay

Feb 24, 2011
hmm.... my husband just called. He's been trying to fax it, but it seems the fax number they give out is not a fax number... but an answering machine. Dh called their (954)391-5317 phone number listed on the form- it gave him the message that there is no one to take the call and they are available 9am-6pm mon-friday. (it is currently 2pm on thursday). So he called their (877)284-3665 number- it rang twice, put him on holding music for a minute or so, then put him to the same message about no one is available and them being there 9am-6pm M-F. He left a message with his name and number and telling we've sent forms through email as per their request form, not heard back- sent forms again. Tried to fax them, it's not a fax number- please call us.

Kay

Feb 24, 2011
I did a google search for augen fax number and found another one (AUGEN ELECTRONICS, INC. Fax Number: 954-929-9183) that I will try faxing the documents to before I go to work at 4pm today.

Last edited:

Kay

Feb 24, 2011
today I emailed [email protected] because they are who have actually emailed us back in the past (unlike the [email protected]) and attached the same documents required with a message telling what all we have tried to do to contact them and still not being contacted back despite the 24-48 hour claim and reiterating that we only had the tablet for 13 days before it quit working. We'll see if we get any reply monday (or tuesday, or wednesday.....). If not I'll file another ticket on the website.

alcassetta

Dec 27, 2010
Sound like they are treating you as bad as the Chinese thieves at. ***************. I wish you luck at least you do not have to ship it back to China! Alan

Kay

Feb 24, 2011
Yeah, I've read some of the posts/comments about nowsupplier. Just sucks what companies do =( Did you have to deal with nowsupplier?

I'm hoping if I just badger augen to death they will do what they are suppose to do =p

alcassetta

Dec 27, 2010
I sent back two tablets,that worked for 3hours!
They got one and lost one. They have been stroking me with emails and excuses daily for 42 days. They keep saying they need more time to have them repaired
and will send me 1 back someday.