Another update to Honeycomb 3.2.1

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
Chaps,

The latest update to 3.2.1 has just come through from Acer. It is an enhancement update to the system updater for the tablet. This seems to give me the feeling that the ICS update is just around the corner. I believe it is one of the necessary updates required before ICS comes OTA to your tablet.

So this just hit AUSTRALIA today. So some will get it soon.:cool:

ggravier

Jun 1, 2011
Hey. Aussies are late, for once. We got ours on Sunday. New system updater. And I made the exact same conclusion as you did... this smells like ICS comming up the road to me. :) Let's see if ICS drives on the left side or the right side of the road first. :D

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
Hello ggravier

We are both on the starting grid and will see who will get it first.
:p

BDiddy

Aug 19, 2011
As far as I can tell, it is an update for the updater. But I'm guessing that it is being updated in preparation for the upcoming ICS upgrade (fingers crossed).

ggravier

Jun 1, 2011
Yes it's the one. Install it. And like all of us, wait for ICS. Hoping that this update is an ICS precursor.

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
As far as I can tell, it is an update for the updater. But I'm guessing that it is being updated in preparation for the upcoming ICS upgrade (fingers crossed).
As ggravier says that is the one. It is the uodate for the system updater.

ggravier

Jun 1, 2011
And now we are all impatiently waiting for the update following the update of the updater. Who updates the updater update, by the way? :p

(sorry, too much caffeine)

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
And now we are all impatiently waiting for the update following the update of the updater. Who updates the updater update, by the way? :p

(sorry, too much caffeine)

No circular reasoning!
First it the updater, then it is an update to the updater, then it is an update to the updated updater... someone stop me. :rolleyes:

frnkws

Jul 30, 2011
It comes up down the bottom of the list apps on your tablet in settings. Then again yours may have automatically installed. mine was manual.

when
i checked the market it said it was installed.
Well after reading your post I went to my apps and it was at the bottom but it was not installed.
So do not go by what the market says without checking in settings.

BDiddy

Aug 19, 2011
Yeah, it's odd--sometimes, you'll see the app in your list as Installed, but when you select the app to look at more details, only then will you see that there is an option to Update. This is also seen with preinstalled apps--for example, I when Google Search was updated, I think it didn't automatically come up as an update notification. I had to find Google Search in the Market, which then told me there was an update.