Any chance of a Honeycomb upgrade for Coby's 2nd Generation of tablets ?

Jan 20, 2011
I really like the specs on Coby's new generation of tablets.

The only thing IMO that lets them down is that they use Android 2.3 and not Honeycomb. 2.3 is still more of a phone OS than a tablet OS. Not exactly sure if that will be a problem, just might be a tad clunky on the interface. Honeycomb does seem pretty slick.

Do you think there's any chance of an upgrade to Honeycomb?

Or would it be possible for end users to root their tablets and install it that way?

I suppose in time community efforts will likely release their own ROM's.

Last edited:

sndplace

Jan 9, 2011
The only way is if they release there codes... For the 7015 they never did and it seems that there not going to upgrade it anymore.... In the new tablets they use Samsung chips so it maybe easier to upgrade and maybe they will release the codes... I will wait and see I'll wait and see... Most likely getting 1 or 2 .... untill quadcores comes out lol

ramost

Jan 20, 2011
I think that honeycomb will be a high end tablet OS. A solid 2.3 build is awesome enough, heck 2.2 would be good enough. On some tablets like the 7015 I think a tricked out 2.1 is all you need, not that you have a choice.
If the new coby tablets don't have multi-touch resisitive screens or are reported to be crappy I'm getting a 7015.
If there was a better option out there for 150.00 I'd buy it but the 7015 seems to be a solid tablet even though Coby sucks.

I really like the specs on Coby's new generation of tablets.

The only thing IMO that lets them down is that they use Android 2.3 and not Honeycomb. 2.3 is still more of a phone OS than a tablet OS. Not exactly sure if that will be a problem, just might be a tad clunky on the interface. Honeycomb does seem pretty slick.

Do you think there's any chance of an upgrade to Honeycomb?

Or would it be possible for end users to root their tablets and install it that way?

I suppose in time community efforts will likely release their own ROM's.

mwbbmw

Feb 3, 2011
I can't say for sure as I haven't found a definitive answer, but I think I read that Honeycomb doesn't have a minimum system requirement... or at the very least if it does it looks like the new cobys should meet it. I've got one on preorder because I agree that 2.3 or even 2.2 kicks some serious tail. I do also believe it's up to the manufacturer to make it available.

Sent from my MID7015

eldade

Aug 21, 2011
Currently i am working to port this distribution for our platform. When i finish i will post here.